Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

Swift is a waste of space.

What shit's me during the course of pretty much every Eagles game this year, is the lack of second and 3rd efforts from Josh Hill. He's great when he gets the ball, we all know that. But when things don't fall into place for him there seems like no effort is given to get the ball back?
This is what separates a good small forward from a shit one. Heck it separates a good footballer from a shit one... I wish we had our proper forward line back so he could get dropped into the WAFL to learn how to follow up...
Old 29-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXXED View Post
What shit's me during the course of pretty much every Eagles game this year, is the lack of second and 3rd efforts from Josh Hill. He's great when he gets the ball, we all know that. But when things don't fall into place for him there seems like no effort is given to get the ball back?
He had good forward pressure in the first 4-5 games and I too thought it had dropped off a bit lately. HOWEVER, after keeping an eye on him (particularly in the derby) at the edges of the screen, etc. what he seems to do is drop back to a hopeful dangerous position after the balls gets turned over. I think he has confidence in the forward press to win the ball back again and he finds himself unchecked, or has a few metres on his opponent when he gets the ball.
Old 29-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLEY View Post
what he seems to do is drop back to a hopeful dangerous position after the balls gets turned over.
American Dave likes this.
Old 29-05-2012, 12:45 PM

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDocker View Post
I agree with most of what you are saying. Doesn't make watching the team get flogged any easier though.
The issue is that the "style" of play is so defensive (read boring) that no one wants to watch.

I don't mind losing a game but when there is nothing to get excited about, even with a loss, who wants to watch the next game.

Freo's latest sales tactic of "buy tickets to 3 games" is an example of where the club's memebership is at. I started my membership when they offered 1/2 a year of games at a discounted price. That was 11 years ago . . . so we are back where we started?
Old 29-05-2012, 01:21 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Right about now I am thinking a new 60,000 seat footy stadium might be fine for the Eagles but I don't see how a Lyons coached Anchors side is going to ?
Old 29-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
Right about now I am thinking a new 60,000 seat footy stadium might be fine for the Eagles but I don't see how a Lyons coached Anchors side is going to ?
They can start playing at freo oval......
Old 29-05-2012, 01:35 PM
STI Master

huggy_b knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
How quickly we forget the piss poor crowds when the Eagles weren't going so flash.......
American Dave likes this.
Old 29-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Sir AntiLag

b32 at standard level

Honestly, (even as an Eagles supporter) I think Dockers will bounce back. Maybe even this weekend against Adelaide. It is a home game. Everyone expects them to lose, they're the games they tend to play well in.
Old 29-05-2012, 01:53 PM

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXXED View Post
They can start playing at freo oval......
At a scratch match 3-4 years ago against Collingwood there was a crowd of over 21,000 at Freo oval.

When I was first a member watching at Subiaco the lowest numbers at games were approx 10,000.
Old 29-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Subaru Tech Division

To be perfectly honest (as a 14 year Eagles member), I also think the Dockers will bounce back. The crowds will come when they start to string consistency together.
This will come under Ross Lyons... but you will have to put up with all the crap first!

Just look at the first half against the Eagles, just look at the first game of the season against Geelong. They just need to do this week in week out and they will be perfectly fine.

I actually wondered before the game started on Sunday which Dockers team we would be playing against. The shitty one, or the good one. Turns out we played both......

Tags
2012, afl, docker's will always be fucked - deal with it, lewhocares, season, wtf do yanks know about afl?