Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Subaru Tech Division

EVL WRX at standard level
Default Is this fair???

Taken from the Townsville newspaper:

POLICE are fuming about dangerous behaviour on Victorian roads over Easter, including nine men who piled into a car with two in the boot.

In a separate incident, a 22-year-old man raced to 147km/h because he was in a bad mood after a fight with his girlfriend.

The Springvale man was nabbed by police in an 80km/h zone on the Princes Highway at Clayton.

Three drivers were clocked at more than 50km/h over the limit on Melbourne's roads at the weekend despite widespread police warnings to take care during the Easter holiday period.

Police said one of the most stupid acts was squeezing nine people into a car.

An officer saw two men climbing into the boot of a sedan on Whitehorse Rd, Box Hill, about 1am (AEST) yesterday.

Police stopped the 20-year-old P-plater and found six passengers in the cabin as well as the pair in the boot.

The driver was not booked, but the two men in the boot were each fined $141.

"To have this many people in a car is an extremely dangerous thing to do and will not be tolerated," Acting Sgt Mark Morewood said.

Victoria's Easter road toll climbed to three yesterday after a 60-year-old Monbulk woman died when her car hit another vehicle on Monbulk Rd, Sherbrooke.

On Saturday, a 17-year-old girl from Churchill died after a car in which she was a passenger veered off the road near Traralgon. A driver was killed in the southwest town of Princetown when his car hit a fence and burst into flames.

"It won't be an Easter celebration from this point on for those families or anyone who knows those families," said Sgt Rod Phillips, from Nunawading traffic management. "It's a terrible thing to have to live with for the rest of their lives."

Police were particularly concerned about young speeders over Easter.

They caught a 30-year-old Mulgrave man driving his Subaru WRX at 135km/h in an 80km/h zone on the Princes Highway at Clayton.

An 18-year-old P-plater also lost his licence for driving at 157km/h in a 100km/h zone on the Eastern Freeway.

Police said they were frustrated by the irresponsible action of some drivers.

Sgt Phillips said young people seemed to think they were immortal on the road.

"If you play russian roulette with the speed limits and the stop signs and the alcohol, sooner or later the shot will go off and it will get you," he said.

Sgt Phillips said some people were still not getting the message, despite millions of dollars spent on advertising campaigns urging motorists to slow down.

He said police were sick of hearing the same excuses from speeding drivers.

Out of all the incidents listed in that article only the WRX was named.... talk about being victimised!!!!!!!
Old 19-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

fuckn pisses me off!! fucktard reporter crunts!
Old 19-04-2006, 10:49 AM
STI Master

Miggidy at standard level

scoobys are always the bad guys aren't they....
Old 19-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Sir AntiLag

BrennyV at standard level

Yes, It’s amazing how many times you here reporters mention Subaru ‘WRX’ in articles or new reports.
I think that we have had a standard set that we are all hoons and only buy these cars for all the power and pull with the ladys.
That been said funny how we are nerver seen having our cars confiscated or raped round polls(not saying it dosent happen), is it that we are safer drivers? misunderstood? Or we are just simply smarter
Old 19-04-2006, 11:00 AM
STI Master

Miggidy at standard level

a wrx can make a bad driver decent, but a good driver awesome.

AWD saves lives as there is certainly hoons out there driving wrxs, they can just keep traction compared to V8 hoons. I don't mean to generalise but I think a subaru is not always the popular choice, I know all my mates from school and work drive V8s. I cop the usual rice cooking jokes but I thought my wrx was the smarter choice, safer car and great to drive. So maybe we are smarter drivers, but there will always be people like polarbear to make us look bad
Old 20-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Subaru Tech Division

fobz knows their stuff

Bottom line is this...

Any company's first responsibility is to its share holders. This means they need
to turn a profit. this in turn means that the reporter does not think about
anything other than selling papers, and causing interest in the article which can
sell more papers. If the story is true or not it doesn't matter.

Be wise... Ignore them. Talking about the article means they have generated
interest and perhaps they might sell another paper today if a townsville reader
is on this forum.

ALL reporters do this. Its called 'sensationalism'. Ignore it and move on. Deny them
the satisfaction of generating interest in the article.

My flame suit is on. Give it your best biatch.

[COLOR="Red"]My STI's carbon emissions are offset by killing puppies.[/COLOR]

Tags
fair