Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-2006, 01:31 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

AD 12 at standard level

gratz on the 9. i had mine for about a month now and enjoying it every second even when im asleep
Old 28-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

Sure they're a nice car but for the change over from a modded rex, I don't see the value, maybe I do, sice when is there value in modding cars?

If I had my time again and you could get evo's in aust I think I would have got one, actually yes. All that sold me on the rex was that it was the best value for money performance car out there. Now I really think the evo is, paticularly when modded. But I am very happy with what I have and if I was to get another performance car it would be something significently better. Possibly a M3, 350Z (twin turbocharge it/Motec it straight up) or an exclusive version of the R34 GTR (V-spec II Nur, N1 or all out GTR-Z, Mines etc).

But to tell the truth I have almost lost the will to get in substantial debt again for a car.

Nice one guys, Might be time for a test drive to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 28-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Sir AntiLag

geoff at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by atz 242
Sure they're a nice car but for the change over from a modded rex, I don't see the value, maybe I do, sice when is there value in modding cars?
Pete, you've obviously never driven one, hehehe
Old 28-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff
Pete, you've obviously never driven one, hehehe
so whats the best thing about them? You can make any car fast in a straight line, so they turn better? In fast or slow corners? both? How easy are they to drive on the limit compared to a rex?

They only fairish comparison is the spec C vs the MR's. The std evo's we get here are better than the aus spec sti's. A better match is the jap spec sti.

Just going on what I have read the Jap versions of each car are very closely matched..

Yep, never driven one, been for a ride in a pretty fast one though some time ago. It was a TME with Autronics and a Tomei 2.2 crate motor. Pretty quick
Old 28-04-2006, 12:54 PM
STI Master

CDR RA at standard level

For me it is the whole package. The long stroke motor and twin scroll pulls great at low rpm out of corners and makes great torque, the driving position feels great, it has a FMIC factory fitted, is a well proven engine that responds well to mods and has a reliable drivetrain with some clever driver aids that really make it fun to drive without dulling the feel of the car. In general a car that I would rate as really fun to drive and chuck around while still being quick.

Tags
dark, side