Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Mislabeled Fuel Bowser Pump? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/58183-mislabeled-fuel-bowser-pump.html)

andrew_rs 30-04-2014 07:52 PM

Mislabeled Fuel Bowser Pump?

Just thought I'd see if anyone has experienced this...

I filled up on Wednesday last week at a Coles Express servo with 98RON, but my fuel consumption and seat of the pants dyno makes me believe I was actually given something else with a lower octane rating instead (95 or 91).

Has anyone had this occur to them? If so, did you do anything about it?

I have the receipt for the fill up, which includes the bowser number on it, but I have already refilled my tank. I plan on having a chat to the staff next time I go there to ask them about it, but thought I'd see what others experiences are first.

matto20v 30-04-2014 08:07 PM

You have already added fuel to the fuel you thought was 91-95?

You want to chat to the staff who give no fcks about the product coming out of the bowser, but only that they are getting paid every 2nd Thursday?

Good luck with your claim.

thehowlfactor 30-04-2014 08:22 PM

Most of the staff are just glorified checkout operators. If you want to speak to someone you would probably need to speak to the manager or someone responsible for quality control and checking the accuracy of the pumps. Most likely that would be someone at the head office.

andrew_rs 30-04-2014 08:24 PM

[QUOTE]You have already added fuel to the fuel you thought was 91-95? [/QUOTE]
Yeah I finished the tank and so had to refill. I figured I'm sure as hell not gonna fork out to go get my fuel tested so there is no need to keep a sample.

[QUOTE=matto20v;797220]
You want to chat to the staff who give no fcks about the product coming out of the bowser, but only that they are getting paid every 2nd Thursday?
[/QUOTE]
I figure the only way I will be able to get compo will be if they have had other complaints and they found that the wrong fuel was being given out.

dnbosiris 30-04-2014 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=andrew_rs;797223]Yeah I finished the tank and so had to refill. I figured I'm sure as hell not gonna fork out to go get my fuel tested so there is no need to keep a sample.

I figure the only way I will be able to get compo will be if they have had other complaints and they found that the wrong fuel was being given out.[/QUOTE]

Umm... Good luck? :confused:

Cat 30-04-2014 08:29 PM

Yeah these kinds of situations you don't really have a leg to stand on....they will dismiss it

teejay 30-04-2014 08:35 PM

"hi, I have no proof or idea, but my car kinda felt slower with a full tank of fuel, give me money"

amtrapid 30-04-2014 08:42 PM

Had a claim years ago for water in diesel at a country servo but it happened to a shit load of us at the same time . Was paid cost of repairs. But I had engine damage and claimed through my insurance who delt with it .Ends up the in ground tank was stuffed . Was also back in the day when the owner of the servo gave a shit because he was a small business not some global chain.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Insome 30-04-2014 08:47 PM

Sorry thought this was the '' things that make you LOL thread''

MikeRX99 30-04-2014 09:10 PM

Check for a faulty dugong in tank or on bonnet. Back to topic