Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   New Dryer & Washer (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/58271-new-dryer-washer.html)

GTB Liberty 09-05-2014 03:19 PM

New Dryer & Washer

Hello all,

Surprisingly I'm a whitegoods ludite. So the short version is dryer has died; top loader washer is decade old.

So what started as a simple replace dryer concept has been complicated by the fact of there's no window exhaust kits for the old school heat the clothes up to dry model. Further, limited space laundry. So, now it seems I'm up for a major stack able front load / condenser or heat pump dryer pair.

So before I drop a new turbo & install in cash does anyone have any opinions and avoidance statements on their recent models?

As a final note, we do a shit load of washing.

All opinions appreciated ... and NO I'm not baller enough to buy Miele nor do I care to ...

Thanks in advance.

American Dave 09-05-2014 03:27 PM

Appliances Online take your pick. They will deliver, set up and take away the old washer and dryer too. Don't by a front loader washing machine.

magic1 09-05-2014 03:32 PM

time for a garage too.

GTB Liberty 09-05-2014 03:32 PM

Unless the dryer is wall hanging I'm fucked Dave it'll have to be front loader ... not getting rid of the beer fridge for a dryer. Reasons should be obvious :D

GTB Liberty 09-05-2014 03:33 PM

[QUOTE=magic1;798484]time for a garage too.[/QUOTE]

Parking my Ferrari at your house Tristan ...

Oh wait?

Jezza 09-05-2014 03:34 PM

Recently bought a Bosch front load washer. Quite good, its really quiet. Was $1100 from Good Guys, 7.5kg model.
I bought my dryer last year, it's a Fisher & Paykel cheapie. The dryer exhaust can easily be plumbed up with some ducting either into your roof space or out the window. Scored that for $300-400?

GTB Liberty 09-05-2014 03:41 PM

[QUOTE=American Dave;798483]Appliances Online take your pick. They will deliver, set up and take away the old washer and dryer too. Don't by a front loader washing machine.[/QUOTE]

Hardly Normal is cheaper than Appliance Online and I haven't even contacted Luddy yet.

pmh 09-05-2014 04:10 PM

Condenser dryer
Won't regret it
Exp but cheaper long run

Strubaru 09-05-2014 04:34 PM

we just got a 10kg samsung frontloader, its amazing, so quiet, can do massive things like quilts & its the same physical size as a 7.5kg washer, was $1100 from harvey norman, would recommend it in a heartbeat

toploaders fuck your clothes, get out of the 70's dave :D

our last frontloader lasted 14years, the drum now heats my patio hehehe

GTB Liberty 09-05-2014 04:49 PM

Just did the elec cost calculations on our average weekly 4 uses of the LG dryer heat pump version ... Close to $800 a year.

Fuck me "why why didn't I get the tune earlier" ...