Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   proper Fucked now! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/58272-proper-fucked-now.html)

N1GHTH4WK92 09-05-2014 04:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just fuckin' relax aye.

These are apparently ones that have just been installed. I'd take a guess that they will just review footage when people report people whipping nuts in suburban intersections etc.

[I]Real fucking covert[/I]

RJ999 09-05-2014 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=N1GHTH4WK92;798512]Just fuckin' relax aye.

These are apparently ones that have just been installed. I'd take a guess that they will just review footage when people report people whipping nuts in suburban intersections etc.

[I]Real fucking covert[/I][/QUOTE]

Wrong!
These have been in use for the last 5-10 years around schools and other places just for general surveillance and for conducting traffic surveys (instead of using the clicker strips laid on the road)...nothing to do with the new covert cameras.

Go rip a skid in front of those and nothing will come out of it ;)
members of R.O.E can vouch for this statement lol

Rossco 09-05-2014 04:42 PM

Definition of HOON:

A hoon driver is anyone who drives at very high speed or in a manner that is considered highly dangerous or antisocial.

Examples include:
• intentionally causing tyres to lose traction
• [B]causing a vehicle to make excessive noise or smoke [/B]
• [B][U]exceeding the speed limit by 45 km/h or more (e.g. travelling at more than 155 km/h in a 110 km/h zone ) [/U][/B]
• engaging in a race or speed trial on a public road or in a public space

So no travelling 5kph over will not result in a hoon offence unless you are doing it with all 4 wheels spinning.........

N1GHTH4WK92 09-05-2014 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=RJ999;798513]Wrong! These have been in use for the 5years around schools and other places just for general surveillance...nothing to do with the new covert cameras[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, only skim read it off WAJCC.

Soksta 09-05-2014 04:45 PM

I think these will be relatively easy to power down.

What I wonder is if they have some sort of telemetry on those cameras to see if they are a) powered on or b) memory card/hard drive is full.

If not, then they won't know if they are turned off until some one physically inspects them!

astralex 09-05-2014 04:54 PM

As long as my titanium tip isn't so loud as to get me in trouble, I'm all for them.

GTB Liberty 09-05-2014 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=Rossco;798514]Definition of HOON:

A hoon driver is anyone who drives at very high speed or in a manner that is considered highly dangerous or antisocial.

Examples include:
• [B]intentionally[/B] causing tyres to lose traction ...[/QUOTE]

[I]wet roads lc... aaah heaven [/I]

Tony 09-05-2014 05:37 PM

Let me know when they install these in the hills where all the best driving is. Till then no fucks given.

RJ999 09-05-2014 05:41 PM

[I]wet no sideways within speed limit...objection[/I]

[SIZE="1"]edit: ^bravo on the very public hint bro[/SIZE]

JRecardo 09-05-2014 05:46 PM

Not long after they are installed (or before even) we will all know where they are and extra care will be taken around them. They will achieve sweet fuck all in my opinion, just trying to look like they're doing something to improve road safety and targeting hoons is the easiest way.