Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Motorbikes (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/62261-motorbikes.html)

Rslib72 17-07-2015 08:57 PM

Yeh good site PSB been a member on there since about 2008 going through a bit of change of the guard there at the moment....

drewgong 18-07-2015 07:29 AM

i like offroading so i have a rego'ed xr600.. bit of a dinosaur but does the job well

thebish 18-07-2015 07:34 AM

[QUOTE=phizzle;826891]Starting top to bottom:
I'd have to read some fine print but, yeah, I think two years applies because it's not an unrestricted licence.

I'm 180cm, not overly tall but up further than a lot. I find the size nearly perfect, but that's subjective. I took the Ninja 650RL out and although it's more powerful/looks better imho, my knees were at much more of an angle because the foot pegs are further back, after 10 minutes I knew any decent ride was going to mean some soreness.

Ninja 250 has a carburetor/s and a 0-100 in the mid 7's. So yeah, gotta rev the crap out of it because all the power was in the higher rpms.
The Ninja 300 is not only 50cc bigger (well it's total 296cc for what it's worth), but has EFI so has more power everywhere. It's still sluggish under 5,000 rpm but you'll only be in that in 1st gear anyway. It's obviously at its best keeping the revs up but so long as your in the correct gear it revs out nicely from low down.

0-100 in 5.2s according to tests.[/QUOTE]

I think it might be 50cc bigger mate!

phizzle 18-07-2015 08:12 AM

Lol, yep, typo

Joker 18-07-2015 11:44 AM

I know a lot of guys here are saying spend your money on a helmet and I do agree but MAKE SURE IT FITS. You need to be fitted for a helmet an $800 shoei NXR is a great helmet and all but if the shape is wrong for your head you may as well have been riding with a Chinese knock off. Everyone has a different shape and size head and different brands accommodate differently. I'm not saying go buy cheap, but buy smart when it comes to your helmet. The guys at Rick Gills are super friendly and take you through how to fit a helmet and they won't push you to buy and particular brand. That being said their range isn't amazing so shop around once you know how to see if it fits properly.

Brodz 18-07-2015 12:10 PM

I have a tiny head 😂

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

JTR 18-07-2015 05:09 PM

Helmet house would be the place to go. [url=http://www.helmethouse.com.au/]Helmet House[/url]

[I 86 I] 18-07-2015 11:51 PM

Currently doing lessons for R-E.
I'm in the same boat also, I want one for a weekend cruise down the coast etc. I have been driving for 18yrs and i am finding I am learning ALOT more about the road, and other drivers the more I ride. I'm kinda treating it like a hobby and really enjoying it.
I have been riding on a CB300F and find it a fun bike to get around on.
Would love to buy a a trumpy street triple 660 or ducati 645 but at my height it starts to get uncomfortable.
I ended up buying a '15 HD Iron 883 (yes i know its not a LAMS bike) basically due to being able to go straight onto a R Learners once I get my R-E, and not wasting my coin on a bike i'd keep for a year.

PS: fuck U-turns, they do my head in!

Skdtme 19-07-2015 02:06 PM

I have my R-E and all I can say is LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES. Be heard as well as seen.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

shaunus 30-07-2015 09:38 AM

The only thing that has put me off ever getting a bike licence to this date is not that I don't trust my ability (15 yrs of mx) it's that I don't trust the amount of bad driver's out there. All it takes is one tiny lapse in concentration or a poor judgement by a driver and you're toast. A hit from a car at 50 into another car would be nothing like being hit at 50 whilst on a bike...Some food for thought!