Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-05-2016, 02:13 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

2DIE at standard level
Default My experience with Just Jap

I've bought from Just Jap 3 times and I'm not happy with them mostly due to my most recent purchase.

1st purchase was a HKB boss kit for a MK IV Supra, first they sent the wrong model boss kit that was also scratched up and looked use. I complained that it doesn't fit and appeared to be used so I sent it back and they sent some Chinese crap probably worth $20 when I paid about $100 for it from memory.

2nd purchase was a wiring harness, no problem.

3rd purchase was some Blitz ZZ-R coilovers (about $1300), first I asked them for the torque specs for the strut tops because I couldn't find it. All good there, they asked someone at Blitz and they forward the reply to me. Fast forward 6 months to the 16th of April and I needed more info on the Blitz coilovers (factory settings) so I sent them a email and no reply, I sent another email on the 29th of April and again no reply. I also sent a email to Blitz directly and still no reply.

Now my $1300 purchase has no support from where I purchased it or the manufacturer, what's more is its too bad if I ever needed assistance for these "rebuildable" coil overs, there are no parts available for purchase online, the seller won't reply to emails and neither will the manufacturer.

Even replying "We don't know" is better than ignoring emails, but just putting in a little effort to find out something on a item for someone paid you $1300 for like any company that values their customers would do would have been the right thing to do.

I am/was looking at purchasing a pair of seats from Just Jap but without some explanation and an attempt at making amends I don't think I'd ever deal with them again.

Last edited by 2DIE; 17-05-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Old 17-05-2016, 03:52 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

2DIE at standard level

Yeah, I've since read the same thing about Just Jap from other people but I didn't look at reviews or forum threads about them until recently now that I've had problems with them.
Old 17-05-2016, 03:55 PM
STI Master

Bob at standard level

Product support on any aftermarket gear can be hit and miss. It's not necessarily a reflection on the sellers service. Sounds like you got what you paid for.
Old 17-05-2016, 04:18 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

2DIE at standard level

Blitz isn't exactly a no name brand.

Also I see it a complete a reflection of their service, at the very least they could have replied to multiple emails.

According to the Blitz website, Just Jap is the exclusive distributor and the support centre for Blitz in Australia.
Old 17-05-2016, 04:32 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

What do you want to know about coilovers. They are pretty basic things. Usually only 2 or 3 things to adjust. (Bottom foot, damper, spring perch maybe)
Old 17-05-2016, 04:34 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

2DIE at standard level

The factory setting for the damper rate.
Old 17-05-2016, 04:52 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Probably half way between high and low. Start at 3/4s then try 1/2 and see what happens. There is no such thing as a perfect factory setup. Otherwise they wouldnt have adjustments at all. The entire point of having adjustments is so you can setup it up to what works best on your car.
matto20v likes this.
Old 17-05-2016, 05:07 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

2DIE at standard level

One of them (don't remember if it was front or back) was 8 clicks from soft or hard (don't remember either).

The thing is I put them in and while it was really low they were fine because I only drove the car every 2nd weekend or so, then I had to drive to Melbourne and back (from Adelaide) and my wheels rubbed the guards about 50 times in the first 100km so I had to put them all the way to hard to save my side walls, still rubbed the guards but no where near as much.

Once I was home I've put the ride height up slightly, had another wheel alignment but can't get the dampening to feel like it was as there is literally about 1300 combonations (36x36). And now I have to drive it as a daily as my main car is out of action.

As with the factory set spring rate, they have R&D go in to it which they have chosen optimal for the car. I thought along the lines they it would be the same with the damper settings, like it would have been optimal in their testing and thats why it would be the factory pre set.

I have been adjusting them (about a dozen times or so) but feel like I can't get it right no matter what I try, so I thought I'll just ask as it should be no problem for them to help me sort it out.

Thanks for the advice though, on the weekend I'll try to tweek it some more but I didn't really expect any advice here. Just venting about the shitty customer service I've received.
Old 17-05-2016, 08:08 PM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

I think youre expecting too much from a parts supplier.

I think you need to pay the money for the services of a suspension shop, to have them set your suspension specific to your car and needs.

Bram said it right - there is no perfect factory set up.

Take it to a suspension shop, pay the money, drive away with a nice feeling under your... seat.
Old 17-05-2016, 08:22 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

And dont get too hung up on there being 32 clicks or whatever. Because click #20 is gonna be very very similar to click #21 and #19, and also very similar to #18 and #22.

If you brake it down into rough 1/3s it will be alot easier to figure out. Then there is only gonna be 3 x 3 general settings. So maybe start at 8 clicks, 16clicks and 24clicks. For bump/rebound. Then try those combos and work out what feels better. Once you work out which 1/3 of the setting feels best. Then you can fine tune that down and get an exact setting.

Tags
experience, jap, just jap