Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Mark Webber to Red Bull in 2007 (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/6669-mark-webber-red-bull-2007-a.html)

teejay 08-08-2006 10:33 AM

Mark Webber to Red Bull in 2007

Confirmed by Webber himself, and not a rumour, it has been announced that Mark is heading to RBR for 2007 and beyond.

Thoughts?

Mine - With Adrian Newey in charge of the chasis, and with Ferrari power next year, the thing is going to be quick. Best/ Second best motor and legendary aero designer. The team has alot of cash and resources too. Coulthard and Webber should be quite a team if they can piece it together.

Every time I down a Red Bull and Vodka im supporting our Aussie F1 hope! :D

joeman 08-08-2006 10:42 AM

There's an engine freeze coming as well.

Grnrx 08-08-2006 10:51 AM

Still, Red Bull are not very competitve, he will be hard pressed to score any points, no more excuses for him, good guy, but very over rated

teejay 08-08-2006 11:03 AM

[QUOTE=joeman]There's an engine freeze coming as well.[/QUOTE]

As of China this year , can only benefit the guys out front engine wise, i.e Renault, Ferrari, down a step to Honda / BMW / Toyota / Cosworth... then the rest.

So having a deal for a top motor will only help thier cause.

Adr3naL1N 08-08-2006 11:32 AM

i didnt expect webber to go to red bull, but seems like it could be a good chance for him the more i think about, looks like a good team, coulthard would be a good team mate and the engine and chassis looks to be alot better then what he had at williams, good luck to him for next year, hopefully can get a fe podiums.

I wouldnt call webber overrated at all, he doesnt get rated much at all, his had the worst luck, people have commented him on having great driving skill its just his never had the car to support it, eg all the problems his had mechanically at williams this year has stalled him from showing what his really got. I think people next year will start rating him even more when he has a reliable car and can actually finish the race!

BOMB3R 08-08-2006 11:34 AM

Hope they have good air bags!

REXPRESS 08-08-2006 11:47 AM

[QUOTE=Jaron]Hope they have good air bags![/QUOTE]

I'll 2nd that ;)

Broomy 08-08-2006 12:39 PM

Webber needed to go to Renault and work with a succesful team and learn how to win with Flavio :jerk: .

He has only ever driven for second rate teams with second rate spec equipment. (that includes williams who knew they were losing the BMW engine:- and therefor had no development the last 2years) :(

I hope he was not chasing the $$$$ and sacrifised a chance at a F1 title. He will now be another of Berni's grid fillers for the sake of
"THE SHOW"...... :confused:

BALISTC 08-08-2006 12:41 PM

He now has "wings", so he shouldnt have a problem standing on a few podiums next season ;)

teejay 08-08-2006 12:45 PM

[QUOTE=Broomy]Webber needed to go to Renault and work with a succesful team and learn how to win with Flavio :jerk: .

He has only ever driven for second rate teams with second rate spec equipment. (that includes williams who knew they were losing the BMW engine:- and therefor had no development the last 2years) :(

I hope he was not chasing the $$$$ and sacrifised a chance at a F1 title. He will now be another of Berni's grid fillers for the sake of
"THE SHOW"...... :confused:[/QUOTE]

Considering Flavio is his boss, and he hasnt ended up at Renault, means that that seat was never a posibility , Means maybe Kimi is heading there?