Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat
Default Stupid tourists..

Today i took my GF hot air ballooning over the Avon Valley for her 21st (which was in January!) and since we were a latish booking, we had to share the balloon with a brazilian tourist and an Elderly Irish couple...

All started off well with the Brazilian bloke asking if we will see any Aboriginals hunting Kangaroo's, how close we are to "space" and a few other funny questions which suprised me!

About half way into the flight we saw a bunch of Roo's in the paddocks so the pilot explained a little about them and then the Irish bloke then asks if there are any GIRAFFES in those paddocks

This was only the begining but the sealer came just after our champagne breakfast. This Brazlian bloke told us about how he read alot about the aboriginals and their hunting skills and how he would LOVE to see one in real life..

Being Northam, there are thousands of them and just as he says that one dero looking one walks past so i do the right thing and tell him He then litterally jumps out of his seat and chases him down. Thankfully he didnt catch up to him but thats certainly asking to meet a few more! Then we tell him about Vegemite and he decides to put a chunk of it on his egg...

I also got told my Aussie accent is hard to understand and i sound weird

Nice guys and girls but i was so shocked that ADULT tourists thought like this. WTF is wrong with people!
Old 09-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

u'll find most people from foreign countries dont know much about other countries especially older ones as its not taught at their schools. Here we learn about american history and i would say a fair few of us could name the first american president but wouldn't know who our first prime minister is.

when my mum went to the states, albeit in 1980 and 81, they were dumb founded about us actually not having kangaroos hopping all over the place and koala's in every tree.

Im sure some people still no very little about Australia. And look what they miss out on..

Mat, i wonder what the result would have been had he caught up the Aboriginal bloke...
Old 09-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DarkMoose at standard level

Its like when i came over here, ppl where asking if i lived in the bush and had to walk to school every day. If i had lions coming up to the house at night and how we could fit a whole family in a little mud hut lol.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV
Mat, i wonder what the result would have been had he caught up the Aboriginal bloke...
Yeh i actually got a little worried when he lept up. The pilot just laughed but thankfully he couldnt find a half naked dark person..

All the fun and games aside, it was a killa morning. Awesome experience (for someone who is shit scared of heights!), fantastic breakfast and the service from the pilot and his wife (who organises it all and runs Avon Valley Ballooning) was brilliant.

Steve, i woulda thought the lions would be house trained to eat your slaves when they played up / rioted
Old 09-08-2006, 08:08 PM
STI Master

[BANNED] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [BANNED]

OMG hilarious. Gotta love tourists!

Whenever I've gone overseas I got the same treatment! haha.

"Do you have pet kangaroos" etc.

Whats the fasination with roo's? No I dont have any, and the only up close and personal encounter I've had with a Roo was in the passenger seat of my dads car when he decided to clean one up haha.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:17 PM
The Kid

WRP10 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to WRP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoose
Its like when i came over here, ppl where asking if i lived in the bush and had to walk to school every day. If i had lions coming up to the house at night and how we could fit a whole family in a little mud hut lol.
Dont keep us in suspense, did they?

But yeh thats what it was like when i went to South Africa, most people just never really seem to know much about Australia and everyone foreign would love to think of us as having kangaroos as pets because they love that whole 'Ozzy" thing. Plus the only education they have of Australia is from Crocodile Dundee. But i think if he had have caught our indigenous brother he would have been pleasantly suprised that theyre not such a noble and friendly people, especially in Northam
Old 09-08-2006, 08:46 PM
STI Master

B4GT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to B4GT

[QUOTE=Mat]

I also got told my Aussie accent is hard to understand and i sound weird

QUOTE]

Ive been in europe for 3 months and have to put on a american accent for anyone to understand me!
Old 09-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Diesel

Hi_VoLtAgE is unrated

in san fransisco, i told people i was from perth, they asked "perth? what part of sydney is that"
Old 09-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

I guess its a case of culture shock.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Scoobie Noobie

tukel at standard level

I have a friend over from San fran and we went to Rotto earlier in the year. During the day my other friend and I had convinced him that a Quokka was a man eater and he should keep an eye out. We had the best fun running off screaming when we saw one on the side of the road. hehehe

Tags
stupid, tourists