Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

aircoolhead at standard level
Default who offers true unlimited broadband?

Who offers a true unlimited broadband plan? I've been with Telstra for 2 years now on their unlimited plan. Never realised that there was a 10g download limit as I never reached that max. Until recently when i've been watching all that home movies on Youtube....next thing u know my downloads slow to a snails pace. Call Telstra and apparently once you hit the 10g limit they slow you to 56k (dial up speed). Unbelievable. Anyone tried surfing at 56k lately? Its painful.
Old 23-08-2006, 10:42 PM
The Kid

WRP10 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to WRP10

GET OFF TELSTRA NOW!

We got really "F'd in the A" as they have a clause wherein you have a certain amout of hours a month (although its supposed to be unlimited) and one you go over that its something like 15c a minute, which is $175 a day, and we were leaving it on 24/7 thinking it was "unlimited" like they claim and then we got stung with a phone bill for $7000 (not typo)

Spoke to an Ombudsman who convinced them to make it $1000 which is still a shitload but sooooo much better than 7k, lesson learnt

Anyone out there on telstra, get off it now!
Old 23-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Banned

impresser at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRPI0
GET OFF TELSTRA NOW!

We got really "F'd in the A" as they have a clause wherein you have a certain amout of hours a month (although its supposed to be unlimited) and one you go over that its something like 15c a minute, which is $175 a day, and we were leaving it on 24/7 thinking it was "unlimited" like they claim and then we got stung with a phone bill for $7000 (not typo)

Spoke to an Ombudsman who convinced them to make it $1000 which is still a shitload but sooooo much better than 7k, lesson learnt

HOLY SHIT
Old 23-08-2006, 11:06 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

scoobyrx at standard level

Quote:
GET OFF TELSTRA NOW!

im with telstra, always seem to be going over the download limit and paying more for downloads...our u pulling our legs or did u really get a bill for 7k? who u with now?
Old 23-08-2006, 11:35 PM
STI Master

LegacyGT at standard level

Quote:
GET OFF TELSTRA NOW!

how can u be on the telstra unlimited plan and get billed for going over time?

I call BS!

http://my.bigpond.com/internetplans/...nd/adsl/plans/
Old 23-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

I love the way that if you don't use your download limit then bad luck, but as soon as you go over they throttle your speed or sting you with fees...

Their all the same basically, don't know the meaning of customer service, they would be right up there with real estate agents on the unpopular list...
Old 24-08-2006, 12:01 AM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI325V6
I love the way that if you don't use your download limit then bad luck, but as soon as you go over they throttle your speed or sting you with fees...

Their all the same basically, don't know the meaning of customer service, they would be right up there with real estate agents on the unpopular list...
it's a contract dude, no one is forcing u to join it. take it or leave it.
in life u pay for what u get. if u don't use it, no one will offer u a fkn refund (read that bit again). if you want to dl more, then pay more? it's pretty simple.

www.lumensphotography.com
Old 24-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by [PFFT]
it's a contract dude, no one is forcing u to join it. take it or leave it.
in life u pay for what u get. if u don't use it, no one will offer u a fkn refund (read that bit again). if you want to dl more, then pay more? it's pretty simple.
Who's the guardian angel for Internet providers....you....

Seem to be sticking up for them like you have a vested interest....
Old 24-08-2006, 08:52 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level

Quote:
stuff
OK, so served with a massive bill due to a usage agreement you (read: your parents) signed, but you then claim the 'net wasn't in use at the time?

I've seen Telstra billing fuck ups like this, but you need to get your story straight son. Either you were using it and they overbilled you like crazy, in which case you should read the fine print further in future, or you weren't using it and they billed you due to an accounting fuck up, in which case you shouldn't have paid two red cents.

I despise Telstra services, probably twice as much as the next guy as I get to enjoy their fuck ups on far more levels than the average Joe, but c'mon, just get your story right buddy.

Short answer, no single ISP in Australia today offers real, unlimited broadband. Maybe in another five or six years... maybe, but doubtful.
Old 24-08-2006, 02:15 PM
The Kid

WRP10 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to WRP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCabbage
in which case you should read the fine print further in future.
Thats the one, dad when he did it just signed and that was that, without thoroughly reading it, but hey lesson learnt and wont be going back to telstra when we get the net again

I didnt think we should pay at all because of the reason you said, but we didnt really know that much about what was going on, once again, lesson learnt for next time

Tags
broadband, offers, true, unlimited