Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-09-2006, 07:30 AM
Flat Four Father

muggz at standard level
Default WRC news... Sebastien Loeb breaks arm...

from wrc.com

Loeb Breaks Arm

World Rally Champion Sebastien Loeb is reported to have fractured an upper arm in four places following a mountain bike accident near his home.
This disaster has come at a very bad moment, two weeks before the start of Rally of Turkey, where he stood a strong chance of being crowned world champion for the third successive time.
Urgent talks are being held by the Total Kronos Citroen management team to select a driver to replace Loeb for Rally Turkey, and to formulate contingency plans thereafter. More news to follow as we get it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more details to press....
Loeb's arm: More details
According to Sebastien Loeb's official website, he broke his humerus bone, between the shoulder and elbow on Tuesday evening, when the front wheel of his mountain bike got jammed in a rut and he went over the top of the handlebars and landed on his shoulder.
The arm was treated on Wednesday morning and according to Loeb, the operation went well. Although it's certain he won't take part in Turkey, he hopes for a fast recovery. He's already cancelled his planned attendance at the Paris Mondial Motorshow and will be avoiding any non-essential engagements for the time being.
Loeb currently has a 35-point lead in the championship and needs to score five more points between now and the end of the season to be guaranteed his third title. If he did this and even if Marcus Gronholm won the remaining four rounds, they would tie on points (117) but Loeb would win on a count-back - they would each have the same number of wins, eight apiece but Loeb would have one more second place than Gronholm (four against three) and therefore, would take the title.
Of more interest to Kronos though is the manufacturers championship. It lies just seven points ahead of BP-Ford at the moment but with 72 points available over the next four rounds, a safe pair of hands will be more useful to it than a replacement driver, however temporary, who may be out to impress.

Last edited by muggz; 28-09-2006 at 07:42 AM.
Old 28-09-2006, 08:16 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

thats pretty good news, i like the way its termed a 'disaster'. At least it will allow someone else to win some rallys :P

Could see Carols Sainz once again come out the woodwork and drive a rally for Citroen, i'm sure he'll be the first person they call. Danny Sordo is good but he sucks on the coarse gravel.

Sainz in australia for one last time ?
Old 28-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Scoobie Noobie

XER555 at standard level

They don't call them deadly treadlies for nothing!
This is what mine did to my collarbone last month

Old 28-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Flat Four Father

muggz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUES
Rally Oz could be a decider perhaps?
apparently loeb can still win.. even though he probably wont take part in the remaining 4 places... even if gronholm wins the next 4 races ... loeb will win on count back on the 2nd places they had all year.. in favour of loeb 4-3 so ze damn french win again!!
Old 28-09-2006, 05:55 PM
STI Master

methd at standard level
Send a message via MSN to methd

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggz
apparently loeb can still win.. even though he probably wont take part in the remaining 4 places... even if gronholm wins the next 4 races ... loeb will win on count back on the 2nd places they had all year.. in favour of loeb 4-3 so ze damn french win again!!
"...needs to score five more points between now and the end of the season to be guaranteed his third title. If he did this and even if Marcus Gronholm .... "

www.lumensphotography.com

Tags
arm, breaks, loeb, news, sebastien, wrc