Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Subaru Tech Division

joey89 at standard level
Send a message via MSN to joey89

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysix
Geez what's with all these "slam gears" and "ram change"? Are you two 14 year olds?

gumby2006, take your time and just enjoy yourself. In the not too long future those who "slam gears" and "ram change" will be asking you for a lift because your car is still in working condition while theirs are in the workshop getting major repairs done.
Mate Stop being a drama queen my view on things is if your going to take your car to the drags or do any form of motorsports drive your car HARD!

Now i never slam gears on the street and change very softly and slowly i have only been to the drags once so i do look after my box!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysix
Geez what's with all these "slam gears" and "ram change"? Are you two 14 year olds?

gumby2006, take your time and just enjoy yourself. In the not too long future those who "slam gears" and "ram change" will be asking you for a lift because your car is still in working condition while theirs are in the workshop getting major repairs done.
I never mentioned 'slam gears' nor do i, or will i intend to do it, i know its a fast track to killing off my car.
I would like to know why, which i knew without posting in here, my times werent faster (i dont expect a 12s car or something while its stock), my gear changes werent slow, well, maybe compared to some i was, and i had my foot flat. To be honest, the acceleration in the car, changing gears or not, has been a little bit disappointing to what i was expecting from a wrx, stock or not.

In the end, I dont know what went wrong, whether this was my error, or something to do with the car.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Subaru Tech Division

joey89 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby2006
I never mentioned 'slam gears' nor do i, or will i intend to do it, i know its a fast track to killing off my car.
I would like to know why, which i knew without posting in here, my times werent faster, my gear changes werent slow, well, maybe compared to some i was, and i had my foot flat. To be honest, the acceleration in the car, changing gears or not, has been a little bit disappointing to what i was expecting from a wrx, stock or not.
Thats what i meant by saying is your car in limp mode meaning its only running what ever boost the wastegate spring is rated at with is normally about 6 or 7 pound if im not mistaking!

Because it just doesnt sound right to me i think you are not running the normal 13 or 14 pound like they are meant to stock!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level

Im not arguing, just trying to work it out...
I thought 7 - 8 psi was the standard for the wrx before anything is changed
Old 09-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Subaru Tech Division

joey89 at standard level

Yeah its all good man im not having a go at you either just trying to help you out!

Nar dude your wrx should be running 13/14psi standard out of the factory!

This could be the reason why your times were not so great you might only be running 7 or 8 psi!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level

well, I wouldnt have a clue on how to find out what im running, how would i find out? and if needed, increase the boost?
Old 09-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Subaru Tech Division

joey89 at standard level

One way is to buy a boost gauge that will give you a good idea not sure how they can tell if you are running in limp mode!

If you are running in limp mode subaru can take it out via a cable to ecu through computer i think and will be sweet!

Last edited by joey89; 09-11-2006 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level

hmm dont have a boost guage, dont have the cash for one at the moment either
Old 10-11-2006, 12:26 AM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby2006
I would like to know why, which i knew without posting in here, my times werent faster (i dont expect a 12s car or something while its stock), my gear changes werent slow, well, maybe compared to some i was, and i had my foot flat. To be honest, the acceleration in the car, changing gears or not, has been a little bit disappointing to what i was expecting from a wrx, stock or not.

In the end, I dont know what went wrong, whether this was my error, or something to do with the car.
Man dont worry about it. Mikey summed it up nicely! Go down and just have fun. I remember my first two races against jester in his NA lib... Took me ages just to line up properly! Sometimes i've gone down and ran 15's and 16's while other times i've gone down and ran mid to high 13's.

What was the mph on the better runs? around the 100 mark or lower? Forget the times for a while and suss that out.

I'd lend you a boost gauge to check, but its probably cheaper for you to buy one than drive NOR!! Maybe one of the rocko boys could help suss it out for you?
Old 10-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level

if anyone could lend me one (and their time if they want to hang around while i see) for it takes to see what boost my car is running at, then i would be extremely grateful. (im not sure how to hook it up, although id work it out, dont want to experiment with other peoples property)

as for a trip NOR, that doesnt bother me, i dont want to buy a boost guage that i dont like, (i want to get an apexi or something simular, just dont have the cash atm)

To be perfectly honest, its not the times thats bothering me, its the fact that i MIGHT not be getting the performance out the the car that i should be that bothers me (in the end it still might have the right boost, but its something i would like to elminate)

My best run was 89.82mph (144.55kph)
Worst - 88.49 mph

EDIT- I should clarify, if someone can lend me one i can take and return later, I have a mate who does know how to fit them, however, if someone prefers I test it there, then Ill need help connecting it

Last edited by gumby2006; 10-11-2006 at 12:48 AM.

Tags
motorplex