Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Other ECU Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/other-ecu-discussion/)
-   -   Any open source tuners out there? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/other-ecu-discussion/53164-any-open-source-tuners-out-there.html)

Tony 24-01-2013 09:42 PM

Really, i need to explain?

Soksta 24-01-2013 09:48 PM

[QUOTE=06STI;734696]Add what to my for sale thread???[/QUOTE]

I believe Tony was hinting that if and when you sell the car, you should note that a turbo back exhaust was equipped on the car for xx,xxx km and no retune of the ECU was done.

Running a turbo back changes the way in which the engine behaves, but the ECU can't know this until a retune has been done.
Having a retune can potentially save your engine from going dak dak dok.

N.B. the above is my opinion and should you be worried about what was written, please contact one of the tuners in the [URL="http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/6775-perth-workshops.html"]Perth Workshop[/URL] thread to seek advice from.

06STI 24-01-2013 09:50 PM

What the fact it doesn't have a tune? Should I also tell potential purchasers it doesn't have upgraded turbo and injectors as well??

Soksta 24-01-2013 09:53 PM

[QUOTE=06STI;734703]What the fact it doesn't have a tune? Should I also tell potential purchasers it doesn't have upgraded turbo and injectors as well??[/QUOTE]

Correct.
There is a risk that not having a tune after installing the TBE can lead to issues.

You don't need to tell them that the turbo is stock, or that the injectors are stock, but letting them know that they might have a ticking time bomb of an engine.

The older models seems to be ok when installing a TBE as the ECU could self learn to an extent, where as the later models don't, hence why a lot of people say that if your doing to install a TBE, play safe and get a retune at the same time.
That way you can potentially preserve the life of the engine whilst also netting some gains (torque, HP, fuel economy).

P.S. I'm not attacking you, I'm just coming from a nicer anger so I don't appreciate the tone...

06STI 24-01-2013 09:58 PM

[QUOTE=Soksta;734702]I believe Tony was hinting that if and when you sell the car, you should note that a turbo back exhaust was equipped on the car for xx,xxx km and no retune of the ECU was done.

Running a turbo back changes the way in which the engine behaves, but the ECU can't know this until a retune has been done.
Having a retune can potentially save your engine from going dak dak dok.

N.B. the above is my opinion and should you be worried about what was written, please contact one of the tuners in the [URL="http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/6775-perth-workshops.html"]Perth Workshop[/URL] thread to seek advice from.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Soksta, but the car doesn't have a turbo back only a cat back as stated in the for sale thread Tony. I will be removing the secondary air pump and deleting the associated codes, something that is commonly done by subaru workshops in perth. I just don't want to pay the $500 license for verso or ecutek that these shops charge. I have told both people that have looked at the car this is what I am doing. Not trying to hide anything

06STI 24-01-2013 10:02 PM

[QUOTE=06STI;734703]What the fact it doesn't have a tune? Should I also tell potential purchasers it doesn't have upgraded turbo and injectors as well??[/QUOTE]

Sorry was directing that at tony not you Soksta.

Tony 24-01-2013 10:19 PM

I was refering to the fact that the car is throwing an error code. Might aswell be straight up about it, instead of them finding out/reading this thread and loosing interest in the car as they think your hiding issues. Also curious as wether you ended up finding a new instrument cluster and installing it?

Soksta 24-01-2013 10:26 PM

[QUOTE=06STI;734706]Sorry was directing that at tony not you Soksta.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=06STI;734705]Thanks Soksta, but the car doesn't have a turbo back only a cat back as stated in the for sale thread Tony. I will be removing the secondary air pump and deleting the associated codes, something that is commonly done by subaru workshops in perth. I just don't want to pay the $500 license for verso or ecutek that these shops charge. I have told both people that have looked at the car this is what I am doing. Not trying to hide anything[/QUOTE]

Well I have to apologise for assuming that a TBE was equipped.
Should have done my research first!

06STI 24-01-2013 10:35 PM

Yes I did and it is installed.... In gc8 along with a 6spd dccd, any more question? New headlights were also installed as the old one where stained. My 06 STI has 133000 genuine km with full service history. Now as I presume you have no experience with romraider and have nothing constructive to add to the thread please refrain for further spamming this thread. Thanks

Tony 24-01-2013 10:47 PM

Actually i have been data logging with romraider for the past 2 weeks. But i only have a Vagcom cable so i cant delete errors. Lolz calm down mate im just trolololing, take it too subaru.