Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Photography and Media
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakks
Joe where was the best place to buy the 450D from?
Camerasdirect.com.au
Old 23-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Yeah I plan on learning the basics and maybe a bit more....i want to get the most out of it, I just don't want to buy multiple lenses, etc, because I don't plan on doing it as a hobby or a pastime. Like I said, I just want nice photos when I do take photos!

I was looking at the 1000D but from reading reviews, the 450D is just that little bit better in a number of areas...and for the under $200 price difference, its not even worth going back to the 1000D. My tax return covers it comfortably anyway

17-85 is looking to be my best bet for now, with the 50mm F1.8 lens as an extra. I can get the 17-85 450D kit for $1434, minus 10% because I get the GST back when I travel...so its only going to cost me $1290!!
Old 23-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

I wouldn't totally discount point and shoot. Unless your doing prints over the size of a4 you dont need more than 6mp, unless your shooting in low light conditions you dont need the higher ISO of DSLR's larger sensor.

My sister is a photographer, went to Europe without her 5d and came back with amazing shots with a cheap $400 ps camera,her photo's kicked arse and the camera wasnt heavy to lug around.

So as long as the p+s isnt JUNK its more up to the photographer

and for your holiday if you insist on a dslr then I would get the 18-200 for sure.

I also have no idea why you would buy the 450d unless you were commited to a set of canon lenses already. for that kind of money when you can get the Pentax k20d which is far more camera for the same money.

Its not even really competition the pentax competes closer with the 5d and is a whole other level to the 450d.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydslra350/page22.asp

Alternatively look at the pentax k200d which is their entry level, it might do what you want and save you even more money.

Last edited by werticusness; 23-10-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 23-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

I have the 450D that I got from DigitalRev, I did lots of surfing trying to find a good value lens....

I bought this lens for my 450D :-

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tamron-SP-AF-...3286.m20.l1116

I actually got the lens from digitalrev also, this lens gets good reviews for quality and value for money, I have taken some photos and they look really good.

cheers

Tags
lens, pick