Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > The Quokka
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

Thank you russ
Old 28-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

I'll 2nd that ... thanks Russ.
Old 28-03-2014, 09:50 AM

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXqME View Post
We have for sale Pure Bred Chocolate Labradors ready for the 05/05/2014.
My appologies. I misread. You are saying they can only go out at 05/05/2014. Glad to see that.

Please become a registered breeder however. At least people can then check up on you.
RXqME, wawa and DukeDrifter like this.

http://kap.industries/
Old 28-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Subaru Tech Division

DukeDrifter knows their stuff

Do they come de-sexed or entire ?
Old 28-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post

Please become a registered breeder however. At least people can then check up on you.
Is there a difference between becoming a registered breeder and providing a dog with papers?

Both Border Collies I've had are pure bred from people who we went out to visit and check the parents ( to make sure mum wasn't raped by a chihuahua ) and pick from the litter. Both times ( different breeders ) provided us with puppies at a discounted rate as it costs them money to register puppies so they just pass the savings on to us. I couldn't give a shit about the papers so it was a no brainer. Checking out the owners face to face and the conditions that the pup and parent dogs live in is usually the best reflection of how healthy your pup is going to be.
RXqME and Jeckle like this.
Old 28-03-2014, 10:46 AM

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Not true. Most puppy farm breeders keep their dogs in the worst condition. Then they have a "show house" somewhere else with the "mother" etc. Oscars law.

Not saying this guy is a genuine puppy farm. I just love dogs and see too many people expoiting animals for cash.
baylee, SPEC IV and wawa like this.

http://kap.industries/
Old 28-03-2014, 10:57 AM
STI Master

RXqME at standard level

Quote:
My appologies. I misread. You are saying they can only go out at 05/05/2014. Glad to see that.

Thanks for clarifying that Russ, mate we have tried becoming a registered breeder but were told we are unable to become a registered breeder as the parents do not have papers. We even looked into getting DNA testing done but were told even if we did this if isn't sufficient to receive papers. So even if one parent doesn't have papers none of the puppies can receive papers.

If you know a way i can become a registered breeder please let me know! And know we aren't breeding them for the money! This is the 2nd and last litter we will be letting the mother have, the only reason we let them breed was the fact that when we were looking for a Chocolate Labrador it was extremely difficult to find and we would just love to pass on the impact our dogs have had on our life to others who really appreciate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT43 View Post
Is there a difference between becoming a registered breeder and providing a dog with papers?

Both Border Collies I've had are pure bred from people who we went out to visit and check the parents ( to make sure mum wasn't raped by a chihuahua ) and pick from the litter. Both times ( different breeders ) provided us with puppies at a discounted rate as it costs them money to register puppies so they just pass the savings on to us. I couldn't give a shit about the papers so it was a no brainer. Checking out the owners face to face and the conditions that the pup and parent dogs live in is usually the best reflection of how healthy your pup is going to be.
I have now place some photos of Mum and Dad for you all.
RUSSGT, Jezza and DukeDrifter like this.
Old 28-03-2014, 11:11 AM

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Ma & Pa are good looking Labs!
RXqME likes this.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 28-03-2014, 11:22 AM

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Being a registered breeder means that you take the time to selectively breed dogs so to wean out undesirable genetic traits whether physical and or temperamental. Registered breeders also show their animals to get access to the dame or sires they require to make their dog's bloodlines better. It's not just a process of "both dame and sire have papers" or shouldn't be.

As an example, my mini schnauzer isn't mini enough (not that I care) he is 2cm too tall at the shoulder and hence approx 1Kg heavier than the breed standards. As such, he has restricted papers so that he cannot be bred into other miniature schnauzer bloodlines. Regardless of the above, he doesn't have all of the terrible eye issues that schnauzers are susceptible to which is why I was certain to get him from a multiple Australian champion breeder whose breeds include multiple champion Australian, Canadian and European bloodlines.

Inbreeding of animals to obtain a "pure bred" is the biggest danger in the sense of getting major genetic issues in breeding pure bred animals and why breeder registration exists.

I'm very glad to hear that the dogs are not going to be taken from their mother at 3-5 weeks. May I suggest, having family members who were registered for pure breed animals, that you wait at a minimum of 10 weeks for a better future temperament of the animal.
RUSSGT, wawa and Slap Dash like this.

Last edited by GTB Liberty; 29-03-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 28-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Quote:
Not true. Most puppy farm breeders keep their dogs in the worst condition. Then they have a "show house" somewhere else with the "mother" etc. Oscars law.

Not saying this guy is a genuine puppy farm. I just love dogs and see too many people expoiting animals for cash.

LOL, got one dog from a farm ( as in sheep and chooks n shit, not puppy farm ) in chittering and the other from a big farm in donnybrook, could tell the owners loved their dogs and the environment that the pups were in was awesome.

Went and checked out some purebred cats once from a registered breeder, kittens were rolling around in piss and shit that you could smell from the front driveway.

Having a piece of paper doesn't all of a sudden mean you're not in it for the money.

Like anything, do your research but even then its never going to be 100% fail safe.
RedMY01Owen, Slap Dash and Cat like this.