Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Radars Direct Australia (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/radars-direct-australia/)
-   -   High Quality Car Dash Cams - Group Buy? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/radars-direct-australia/51299-high-quality-car-dash-cams-group-buy.html)

row011 03-10-2012 04:10 PM

[QUOTE=Dinhgy;713761]interested[/QUOTE]

Hi Dinhgy

Which model were you interested in and can I put you name down for the group buy? As a all round best performer I would go with the ITB100HD. These are not cheap devices which will have jumpy video recordings or stop working after being in the Sun for 6 months.

Cheers,

Dinhgy 03-10-2012 05:21 PM

interested in the ITB100HD

row011 03-10-2012 05:23 PM

1. Patch
2. Steve Lang (maybe)
3. Dinhgy

row011 04-10-2012 05:08 PM

Have just update the original post with some more details!

I hope we see some more interest as there is always a need for a video dash cam on Perth roads..especially with the type of drivers we have. These are a very affordable 2nd eye witness for your car.

steve-lang 04-10-2012 05:27 PM

Rowan continuing from what Kato asked. Hypothetical question time...
Day to day driving I have KPH set to on.... Its Friday night and Huggy B pulls along side me with his pink rims on Roe. Instant runs initiated obviously. He stuffs up and slams into me clearly he's at fault but argues; am i able to remove speed from footage before handing over to police/insurance?

row011 04-10-2012 11:02 PM

[QUOTE=steve-lang;713987]Rowan continuing from what Kato asked. Hypothetical question time...
Day to day driving I have KPH set to on.... Its Friday night and Huggy B pulls along side me with his pink rims on Roe. Instant runs initiated obviously. He stuffs up and slams into me clearly he's at fault but argues; am i able to remove speed from footage before handing over to police/insurance?[/QUOTE]

I understand the concern here..if that was the case then You can but not with the software that comes with the camera. You'd need to use a video editing program like premiere to either crop it out (also losing time and date) or put some image over it hiding it.

Thats if you have speed set to on - and if ever needed is a possibility.

teejay 04-10-2012 11:08 PM

lol record your own hoon laws wiinnnning

row011 04-10-2012 11:32 PM

[QUOTE=teejay;714055]lol record your own hoon laws wiinnnning[/QUOTE]

I dont really understand the point of the post - this thread is for people interested in a car dash cam system.

thommo 05-10-2012 03:43 PM

I'm interested, but after the same sort of thing as Kato, could the single unit have a rear camera added to it later or is this not possible.

row011 05-10-2012 05:34 PM

[QUOTE=thommo;714207]I'm interested, but after the same sort of thing as Kato, could the single unit have a rear camera added to it later or is this not possible.[/QUOTE]

Hi thommo,

Yes there is a Model that provides Front and Rear called the ITB80G. This is the same price as the single Full HD model as it does use lower quality video recording - but still has integrated GPS which is a really useful feature.

You cannot add an additional camera (to a single camera model) on the ITB100HD unit for example as it is a unit by itself. And is designed to cover one view.

There is a model being released at the end of November called a ITB500 which will use HD quality imaging front & rear. These will cost around $500 though. And for only $315 for the front & rear ITB80G it is very good money for value.