Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > For Sale (Cars Only)
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level
Default Offroad WRX.

Oh Well one of my cars has to go as I'm going o/s to live, not sure if I'll last 6 month or 6 yrs so I've decided to keep the liberty as it's body is shagged from the hail and it's easier to store.

So here goes.....94 WRX bought 7yrs ago, legally re-bodied with a 97 V3 STI body (inspected, documented and photographed by Graham Parkes who was head of pits at the time back in 05) then left to sit under a tarp for a few yrs while I decided what to do with it, off road was always on my mind and when I picked up the rear wheel carrier that was it.

Still has original floor, firewall and front rails but the rest updated to 99/00, interior is almost perfect V3 STI.

When I finally dragged it out from under the tarp and got it painted 3 1/2yrs ago and put it over the pits, they failed it on a loose bolt and a cable tie on a strut instead of a brake clip which I'd forgotten about and the wanker decided I then needed to get it engineered, so it comes with the lift kit engineered and permitted for the wheel carrier and a pod filter which is now gone.

Outside...Subaru Gravel Express wheel carrier and front bar which has been modded and strengthened back to the front X member, Rolla cross bars on original rails, 5 X GT Forester wheels, larger JDM wings.

Underneath...Huge 6mm alloy sump and gearbox guard, GD lower control arms, mostly alloy block lifts under every point of the car and 32mm Outback blocks on the front X member, 25mm front strut top lifts, rear diff guard, extended front STI sway bar links, rear camber bolts, 3" TBE back to a stock WRX muffler (early Butler) Forester struts with Dobinson high lift HD springs, rides and handles very much like a normal WRX

Gearbox...Fully reconditioned 92 hi/lo Liberty box, new bearings, main shaft, synchro's, new from US OBX Helical front LSD, 4.44 crown wheel and pinion instead of the 3.9, rear diff also matching, Redline smurf blood in box and all done less than 5,000k's. Runs a 3,000lb 08> clutch with a modified flywheel instead of the standard 2,200 lb original.

Engine... I was told it was re-conditioned by the previous owner about 30,000k's before I bought it and I've only done about 10,000K's in 7yrs , new timing belt was fitted when I bought it and it's due for it's 5,000k service in about 1,000k's. It's running an V2 STI RA computer but the boost needs sorting so I got Doug to modify it yesterday to run lower boost, easily reversible.

Everything like wipers, heaters, air con, ABS work perfectly though ABS is a huge no no off road, I usually leave the relay in the glove box, actually put it back in for the first time in over a year yesterday lol.

Comes with brand new 4,000lb winch, 4 ramps, tow strap, brand new twin tipped chrome hi flow muffler, a few hoses and other bits n pieces.

Mostly been documented in off road thread.

I built it mainly for sand work but it handles the rough really well.

Will be going on Carsales in a couple of days but figured I'd give the forums first bite.

$10,500 here, $11,500 on Carsales
PM or 0403430079, I don't carry with me but usually home after 12.30pm

Only bad point is it's in need of tyres, one has a stress pinch and the rear toe in bolt was left loose by the wheel aligner and quickly chewed the rears out, also would be much better off with 215/65/16's (cheap commodore tyres) instead of the 205/60/16's it has now.

Pimpreza Lancelin 2012 - YouTube

Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.

Last edited by Pimpreza; 05-07-2012 at 05:41 PM.