Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > For Sale (Cars Only)
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-10-2015, 08:08 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Dawn Patrol at standard level
Default 1999 gc8 wrx

Pretty much a copy of my gumtree ad below.

For sale is my MY99 GC8 WRX in the beautiful world rally blue.

This is a very reluctant sale, however due to an impending move up north I am in need of a 4wd.

I am the second owner of this vehicle and have owned it for the last 5 years. It has seen one skid pan day in its entire life.

The car is completely stock and has been since it rolled off the factory floor. I'm sure it would be rather difficult to find an entirely unmodified example of this car.

Actually, the only modification is the head unit, which was upgraded to allow hands free calling and iPod plugin.

In my time owning it I have had no unusual mechanical dramas with the car.

- It has had its 200,000 km service completed, including timing belt, new pulleys, water pump, and thermostat. The current spark plugs were also installed then.
- The clutch is approximately 20-25,000 km old, it was the original clutch that was replaced - which gives an indication to how gently this car has been driven.
- The radiator was replaced 20-25,000 km ago after the old unit developed a leak. A genuine replacement was used.

It has been serviced at the required intervals since day one at reputable workshops around Perth.

The downsides are as follows:

- The condition of the paint on the bonnet and roof is poor. The rest of the body work is rather good for the age, with a few of the usual car park door dings. Please refer to photographs.

- Very slow oil leak/seep from rear of rocker covers.

- Check engine light intermittently comes on. The code reads for the idle control valve solenoid. I've taken the part off and cleaned it, and notice no issues with idle RPM/the car at all. (If anyone could shed further light that'd be great!)

Obviously it is a 15-16 yr old car now, so it has aged. However it is in sound mechanical condition, all the panels are straight (bar a few door dings), has been exceedingly reliable and is buckets of fun.

This car has been an absolute blast, it's going to be sad to see it go but hopefully the next owner will have a great time with it.
I am asking $6,900 but am open to offers and am keen to sell. I am not interested in swaps or trades with any sort of vehicle.
If I don't answer my phone please send me a text. 0439 (938) 6.2.2

Due to the nature of the car, I will use my judgement with test drives.
Attached Thumbnails
$_20.jpg   21.jpg   22.jpg   23.jpg   24.jpg  

25.jpg   26.jpg   27.jpg  

Last edited by Dawn Patrol; 27-10-2015 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:23 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Dawn Patrol at standard level

Unfortunately sold. Gutted!
Closed Thread