Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > For Sale
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 11:55 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level
Default ISR hand-made Type-S tank intercooler

------Posting for a good friend-------

Gday people, I am selling my hand made ISR Type-S IC that was bound for my 180sx racer i keep in Europe, but now i need to clear a heap of gear for room and money purposes for the new project.

The core is a 76mm tube and fin core, with hand made 3mm alum end tanks, bent and formed from flat plate, then double welded, inside and out, and linished back on the exterior.

The tanks run a CAD designed 2.5 to 3" taper cone to aid with distribution and scavenging across the core. The lugs (4) are billet machined and M6 and M8 thread to make sure you have no movement even at high speed. The cores are pressure tested after the final clean with end tank caps to 60+psi for 1 hour, at what point they are labeled with the laser etched badge and sold off.

This end tank design is unique, and my own. I spent many many hours and in the thousands to flow bench the Type-S and Type-D designs, and have worked out a tank that compliments the core in a way that many intercoolers do not. I have sold these units across Australia, USA, Italy, UK, Austria, Sweeden, Germany and Czech/Slovak rep with street and track use, im yet to have a complaint. I have spent time at dyno's and on the street running infra red non contact thermocouple units and data logged where the cores are getting heat soaked and made changes to end tank design till i have one that really works, not just caps the end of a core off at the bottom ends in a simple "air goes in here, air goes out there and whatever in the middle" mentality.

This is a 500x245x76, and while i wont put a HP rating on that (as its such a joke to hp rate a part), it will work around small to midframe turbos, needing good throttle responce for drift, drag and street. This type of IC will also work well on a AHG skidpan and even excel hard at Wanneroo. Typical applications, Nissan 180sx, Silvia, R32 GT-S , Toyota Celica GT4, Early Soarer, Late Soarer (with only mild mods) and stock twins, MK3 Supra, MK4 Supra (with only mild mods), Subaru Liberty, WRX etc etc etc.

Price $780. It isnt a cheap cooler, and to be honest you can get almost 2 Chinese kits off ebay for that, and if thats what your into, good luck. This isnt one of them intercoolers and in this case you get what you pay for.

If not sold within next few days.. it'll be hitting ebay!

PM if interested - can easily pass on details.