Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > For Sale
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2019, 03:46 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

nathonm at standard level
Default Subaru Brake Duct Plates

I am looking for expressions of interest in these brake ducts and if I can get enough people interested I will do a limited run. These are designed to suit a Subaru only. Some air ducts on the market duct the air onto one side of the rotor friction surface which will provide very little cooling and will unevenly cool the rotor. My design ducts the air into the center of the rotor, where the rotor ventilation is designed to have the air intake, and they are sealed around the hub so there is minimal air leakage to maximize the air flow though the rotor ventilation. This will maximize the cooling and evenly cool the rotor. There is also a heat shield for the steering knuckle supplied in the kit.

The prices for one pair of brake duct plates is $600. There may be some variations on this price due to the differences in the cars; however if this is the case I will let you know. Note that this price is just for the brake duct plate, steering knuckle shield, 3 spacers and 3 bolts shown in the kit picture. It doesn’t include the silicon hose etc. You can get the silicon hose from Go Gear. If you don’t want to go to the trouble of installing the air intake in the front bumper I can also make a separate air scoop that extends into the air going under the car but the best setup is to have the pickup ducked to the front of the car.

Please note that currently the design will only suit cars with no ABS, or cars with the ABS tone ring on the hub. I don’t have a solution for cars with the ABS tone ring on the CV shafts; however if I get enough interest I will try to design a solution for these hubs. If you are unsure send me a photo of your ABS sensor and I will let you know which one you have and your options.

If you are interest please PM me, E-mail nathonm@iinet.net.au, or call 0400 588 961 and I will get you more information.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6668.jpg   IMG_6232.JPG   IMG_6281.JPG   IMG_6282.JPG   IMG_6231.JPG