View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 09:11 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

deviant at standard level

Hi Guys,

Dragging up an old thread here I know..

I did an AHG tuning arvo on the 24th April and I was in need of some decent pads but as ever money and time came in to the choices of what was available.

I know DS2500 are the usual route to take however I found the pricing of what was available in Perth rather hard to swallow and the interstate postage some people wanted to charge was scandalous so I began to search around for the alternatives and came across GSL Rallysport and the QFM pads....at the time they were even running a half price rears and free delivery offer.

So I placed an order for their A1RM track pads, they had sold out of WRX pads because of the special offer however I was assured that because of the trackday booking my order was priority and I would get my pads on time and at the special offer price. Emails and calls were returned very quickly which was a refreshing change.

As promised my pads were delivered to my place of work on time and I fitted them that night.

Out on the road they felt good from brand new. I gave them half a dozen 80-20kmh 'slows' and they immediately firmed up and they started biting hard. They did not need any more running in.

Under normal driving conditions they feel just like the stock Subaru pads, no squeeling, juddering, grinding and they work just like a stock pad from cold.

On the trackday they worked brillinatly. First corner they worked straight away...by the second and third corners I could really lean on them. We were running 2 laps at a time on the circuit and they did not fade at all or even begin to smell like they were getting hot.

On the skid pan where you are only jabbing the brakes and not building any heat in them they still worked exactly as you would expect.

Now obviously at AHG its only short stints of work but I have no reason to believe the pads would not cope with heavier use. I plan on giving them a go at Wanneroo soon.

Dont be put off by the price guys, these pads really do as they say on the box and make a fantastic every day, multi-use performance pad!!

Just for the record...I have no link to GSL Rallysport or QFM other than being a satisfied customer.