Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Subaru Australia by MotorCulture > Subaru Australia Forum by MotorCulture
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By zver333
  • 1 Post By Goosey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Sign me up!
DCCD Donut Driver

motorculture at standard level
Default The new 2016 Subaru WRX is here

The 2016 Subaru WRX has arrived. It retains all of the great features from the 2015 model, but packs extra punch with additions in the infotainment, wheels and safety departments to create the best WRX yet, while still staying true to its performance character and being fun to drive.

Check out the new generation WRX being made at Subaru:

From the 2015 model WRX, the EJ-series engine that was used since the WRX’s release in 1992 has been replaced with the FA20DIT engine. It’s a 2.0-litre Direct Injection Turbocharged boxer engine with the turbo mounted underneath and a 1:1 stroke-bore ratio at 86mm x 86mm, with more useable power and torque at 197kW at 5,600RPM and 350Nm at 2,400-5,200RPM, as well as better fuel efficiency and environmental performance. It’s coupled with Subaru’s Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system, and is available with your choice of a six-speed manual transmission, or Lineartronic® Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT).

Watch and listen as professional Australian racing driver Dean Herridge drives and shares his thoughts about the new generation WRX:

The 2016 WRX retains all of the innovative exterior upgrades of the 2015 model, including the subtle rear lip spoiler for better optimised rear-view vision, high-mount stop lamp visibility and more aerodynamic efficiency.

Now also offered across the WRX range are 18 x 8.5-inch wheels sitting in the wheel arches.

At the front LED lights are used for the low beam headlights, with accurate night-time vision provided by the LED colour temperature which is as close as possible to the sun’s colour temperature (5800K).

Daytime running lights are also included as standard, which are integrated with the fog lamps and operate automatically, turning off when the fog lamps or headlights are turned on.

The interior of the 2016 WRX is spacious and contemporary, with an open feeling. Subaru focussed their attention on providing the best passenger comfort, as well as providing lots of cargo space, which is up to 460L capacity to accommodate lots of luggage for everyday errands and weekend trips.

Inside the 2016 WRX, the biggest change from 2015 is the new screen display to provide all of your infotainment needs. Available in 6.2-inch in the WRX and 7.0 in the WRX Premium, it lets you see and control everything from Bluetooth® and Pandora® smartphone app connectivity, to the rear reversing camera display. For the WRX Premium, added features include satellite navigation, dual USB inputs, text message readouts and replies, as well as a Harman-Kardon 8-speaker sound system with subwoofer offered to complete the infotainment package.

Safety is at the core of all of the latest generation of Subaru, and the WRX offers plenty of important safety features to keep you and your passengers safe. Subaru have updated the electronics safety system in the 2016 WRX Premium to incorporate all-new Blind Spot Monitors (BSM), Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA), Lane-Change Assist (LCA), High Beam Assist (HBA), Side View Monitor (SVM), and Auto-dimming Rear View Mirror.

These upgrades are a welcome addition to the passive safety features including seven SRS airbags and the passenger safety cell, which directs impact energy around the chassis. Blind Spot Monitors alert you of other vehicles driving in your blind spot, while the Side Vide Monitor also helps by giving you a view of the area beside your car that usually can’t be seen.

When driving at night it’s easy to be distracted by a taller vehicle with bright lights, or someone with their high beam on. That’s where the Auto-dimming Rear View Mirror takes action by automatically reducing glare in the rear view mirror when it detects a bright light shining through the rear window. Subaru have also thought of oncoming drivers, with High Beam Assist which automatically switches the headlights of the 2016 WRX between high and low beam when oncoming traffic is detected.

For more information about the 2016 Subaru WRX visit: http://www.subaru.com.au/wrx-and-wrx-sti
Old 08-09-2015, 07:17 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

zver333 at standard level

Cannot believe navigation is not standard across the range on these....
waggaclint and ThatLegend like this.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:25 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Goosey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by zver333 View Post
Cannot believe navigation is not standard across the range on these....
Some people would complain that $$ could be shaved off if it was included in the base model. I guess Subaru just wanted to keep some significant differences between the base model and the premium to keep it appealing. Personally, leather and a sunroof wouldn't be enough for me to justify the price difference.

Besides, it appears at this price point, Subaru doesn't have much competition in this market segment (4 door sedan, awd, turbo, under $50k), so why would they needlessly add more to the base model? It gives people a reason to buy the next generation when it's released.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
nick73 likes this.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:15 PM
STI Master

Bob at standard level

The Premium model appeals to me, more so for the integrated head unit, but hate leather interiors...

The features on the premium stereo should be standard these days. They are not costly add significantly to the driver interface.
I'd be quite happy to ditch the nanny state BSM, RCTA, LCA, HBA, SVM functions made for people that can't drive.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:32 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

One Powerball.......

And I'll keep my classic.

Bloody nice features though, got more tech goodies than the International Space Station!
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)

Tags
2016, subaru, wrx