Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Subaru Australia by MotorCulture > Subaru Australia Forum by MotorCulture
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yeahnah

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-03-2016, 03:10 PM
Sign me up!
DCCD Donut Driver

motorculture at standard level
Default Subaru News: Molly Momentum Builds at Subaru

Subaru Australia’s return to domestic rallying is picking up pace with the announcement of the team name.

The multi-championship winning brand has announced its newly formed team will be called Subaru do™ Motorsport, in line with Subaru’s new brand direction announced this week.

And in a sneak peak of what the Subaru “blue army” of rally fans can expect, a mock-up of the team’s All-Wheel Drive WRX STI has been unveiled, showing the ongoing links to the classic World Rally (WR) Blue colour scheme – but drawing on a modern inspirations reflecting the active lifestyle of Subaru’s customer base.

Subaru Australia Managing Director, Nick Senior, said: “We’ve been amazed by the fantastic reaction since we announced our rallying return, so it’s great to be able to share the design direction with the fans.”

Mr Senior also revealed that Subaru’s rally driver, Molly Taylor, will pair with one of Australia’s most experienced navigators, Bill Hayes, on the 2016 Australian Rally Championship campaign.

Hayes has previous history with Subaru, having paired with Dean Herridge before Subaru Rally Team Australia disbanded in November 2005.

Next up for the team is testing of the WRX STI following an intense build program at Les Walkden Rallying in Tasmania.

With the season-opening Quit Forest Rally scheduled for April 22-24 in Western Australia, Taylor is keen to get some serious kilometres in the car.

One advantage is Hayes’ resident status in WA. His experience on the uniquely challenging surfaces south of Busselton will be invaluable on Taylor’s debut Subaru event.

She said: “The momentum’s building quickly and it’s been so exciting to see the positive response to Subaru’s rally return. From children on social media to motorsport fans, the vibe is just fantastic.”

2016 AUSTRALIAN RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP CALENDAR

Round 1 – Quit Forest Rally WA, April 22-24

Round 2 - National Capital Rally, ACT, May 27-29

Round 3 – International Rally of QLD, June 17-19

Round 4 - Rally SA, September 9-11

Round 5 – Rally Australia, Coffs Harbour, NSW, November 18-20

For more information on Subaru locally, visit:

Subaru Australia: http://www.subaru.com.au/

Subaru WRX Premium: http://www.subaru.com.au/wrx/premium
Subaru WRX STI Premium: http://www.subaru.com.au/wrx-sti/premium
Old 14-03-2016, 11:11 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

yeahnah at standard level

You trade marked the word 'do'? OK sure but what is the meaning of this exciting word to Subaru?
Can you please explain why or how the word ' do' is in line with Subaru's new brand direction?
And are you aware it appears to be drawn freehand by a child?
And how does the legs and bum of a young female surfer relate to the car or rally team?
I know I'm not a smart man but I just don't get it.
wrx oh oh likes this.
Old 14-03-2016, 11:22 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Terrible.

Maybe i do
TM not "get" it.
Old 30-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Scooby do

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/

Tags
builds, molly, momentum, news, subaru