Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Vendors and Sponsors > Think Water Canning Vale
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Attached is our latest catalogue.

Gives you a reasonable idea of the sorts of things we can supply.

If anybody wants anything I can do better prices for p-diddy.

Thanks

Brendon
Attached Files
File Type: pdf A4 6pp W A 101012 Final (2).pdf (1.59 MB, 40 views)
Old 20-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Sir AntiLag

MadDocker at standard level

Hi Brendon,

Our house currently has retic that runs off mains. Is it possible to get a rainwater tank put down the side of the house and run the retic off that instead? What is involved and anything you can recommend me looking at? Also, is there some kind of back up so if the tank is empty, the plants can still get a drink?

We wouldn't be in a position to make a move and get it done before Xmas but trying to research and then save the $$ to get it done.

Cheers.
Old 20-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDocker View Post
Hi Brendon,

Our house currently has retic that runs off mains. Is it possible to get a rainwater tank put down the side of the house and run the retic off that instead? What is involved and anything you can recommend me looking at? Also, is there some kind of back up so if the tank is empty, the plants can still get a drink?

We wouldn't be in a position to make a move and get it done before Xmas but trying to research and then save the $$ to get it done.

Cheers.
Short answer is it is pretty easy to sort out.

1)You put a tank in (there are all sorts of options here) and plumb the gutters into the tank.
2) Plumb an overflow from the tank into the existing soakwells. Nothing is under pressure so all cheap pipe.
3)You will need a pressure pump between the pump and the retic. You will also need to wire this into the retic controller. If you only have a basic domestic controller it wont have a pump start module. New controllers are pretty cheap. What that does is at 2:01 when your retic comes on it sends a signal to the pump to turn on. at 3:40 when the last station has finished it sends a signal to turn the pump off. You will also need to plumb the pump into the tank and also in the retic mainline. This will dictate where you put the tank.
4) You can easily put a float switch on the tank so that if it drops below a certain point the mains will fill it up. They are gravity activated so there is no wiring involved.

When you are ready to look at it let me know and I can price up all the bits for you. It is a fair amount of digging involved but nothing too involved.

Having said all of that I would be more tempted to install a bore. Go halves in the cost with a neighbour or similar. Less mucking around, less plumbing, more watering days and more reliable. My 2c

Hope this helps

Brendon
Old 15-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Wrexsem at standard level

The job in hedland actually work and come inside budget or did they blow out the budget majorly due to that almost unrealistic design???
Old 15-06-2013, 12:17 PM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

G'day,

Can you design, supply, and install domestic retic systems?
Im still watering with a single sprinkler on a hose after 5 years of building.

Cheers,
Matt.
Old 15-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto20v View Post
G'day,

Can you design, supply, and install domestic retic systems?
Im still watering with a single sprinkler on a hose after 5 years of building.

Cheers,
Matt.
No problems at all. Just send me a plan of the house on the block. Ideally we need some water pressure readings aswell but if you turn the tap on fully then put a bucket under it and time how long it takes to fill up 10 litres we can get pretty close from that.

Where are you located?

Brendon
Old 15-06-2013, 06:16 PM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus View Post
No problems at all. Just send me a plan of the house on the block. Ideally we need some water pressure readings aswell but if you turn the tap on fully then put a bucket under it and time how long it takes to fill up 10 litres we can get pretty close from that.

Where are you located?

Brendon
Im northern suburbs near Joondalup.

It's something I plan to do late this year, and I have no idea where to turn to for supply and install. Knowing that you can do domestic retic is good, and I will get in contact around Spring time for a plan and quote

Thank you!
Matt.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto20v View Post
Im northern suburbs near Joondalup.

It's something I plan to do late this year, and I have no idea where to turn to for supply and install. Knowing that you can do domestic retic is good, and I will get in contact around Spring time for a plan and quote

Thank you!
Matt.
No worries.

We basically look after all of the council parks in Butler and just picked up a heap in Yanchep / Two Rocks. we also do a few front garden packages for new subdivisions aswell. you know the deal where you get your front garden for free etc.

I am more than happy to get our guys to do the install but if you are keen it really isn't that hard to do it yourself. we can supply and deliver all the parts and show you how to do it or even if you want to dig the trenches etc we can come and install it and wire it all up which will save you some money.

Brendon
magic1 likes this.
Old 15-09-2014, 03:46 PM
STI Master

baylee at standard level

Wholly thread revival....
Brendan,
Are you still in the game? We've just finished building a new house and need to retic the back yard in prep for landscaping... I'm done with the sand...

I would rather spend / support a forum member..

Cheers

Tags
canning, diy, home, irrigation, osmosis, pool, pump, rainwater, retic, thinkwater, treatment, vale, water