Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Verso Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/verso-discussion/)
-   -   verso Tune (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/verso-discussion/13225-verso-tune.html)

NVRENUF 20-06-2007 06:43 PM

verso Tune

can any body tell me what verso would cost on a my 01 tbo back zorst fmic intake.

he currently has ecutek installed just the generall uplaoded map one size fits all type.

would i be right in saying to him he would benifit in getting verso in and getting a proper tune done. ? gains , bit more power ?e etc etc

and what would the cost be around abouts

Thanks

Tim

Adz 20-06-2007 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=NVRENUF]can any body tell me what verso would cost on a my 01 tbo back zorst fmic intake.

he currently has ecutek installed just the generall uplaoded map one size fits all type.

would i be right in saying to him he would benifit in getting verso in and getting a proper tune done. ? gains , bit more power ?e etc etc

and what would the cost be around abouts

Thanks

Tim[/QUOTE]

To the first question.. Call them personally tim :)

Any good tune will benefit your car noticably, power coming on much earlier/smoother, increase in torque and generally an all round better tune for your car. ESPECIALLY him having a front mount, you would want some kind of ecu to control A/F ratios. The 01s are self learning pieces of poo, and will compensate for any changes made to the intake/fuel system and generally run them rich.

RichX 20-06-2007 07:03 PM

+1 for Verso .. Will definitely make an improvement.

Look at REXZIST's Dyno Graph in the Chest Beating thread.

NVRENUF 20-06-2007 07:13 PM

yeah cool any one got the number to ring ill try give them a buzz tomorrow.
i was basically telling my friend that it would defiently benifit him by changing to verso even though he already has ecutek i just think the tune isnt as good and no time put in.

but id hate to tell him to do all this and then not get any gains from it.. lol

PROTOTYPE 20-06-2007 07:27 PM

my god.... phone book anyone... All Star Garage 9248 7433, i believe your friend will need to buy a new ecu or have the ecutek removed by whoever did it in order to have the verso done, as they are not allowed to remove an ECUTEK map or wipe an ECUTEK map from your mates ecu. Generally its either get it removed or buy a new ecu to verso.

NVRENUF 20-06-2007 07:28 PM

really why not.do they lock the ecu out.. im pretty sure its not locked i know he has been to two different ecutek dealers.

IMPRESHER 20-06-2007 07:30 PM

[QUOTE=RichX]+1 for Verso .. Will definitely make an improvement.

Look at REXZIST's Dyno Graph in the Chest Beating thread.[/QUOTE]

Is that a VERSO *WHERES MY VERSO STICKER* :confused:
Thats the differences between one tune and The ASG TUNE , didnt think it was a VERSO or is it ??

TIMS Mate do the VERSO ASAP you missing out , get rid of that ECU Tek !! :icon_blac

JAY 20-06-2007 07:35 PM

hey tim yer bro definanlty get a Verso tune, cheap and effective way of shit shitloads more torque and power....

NVRENUF 20-06-2007 07:42 PM

yeah this is for my friend i dont have ecutek. its not for me.

but ill let him know i gotta find bit more info out now about the ecu and if they can wipe it or not and price

cheers

mr_psi 20-06-2007 07:42 PM

i think its for his mate :D

IMPRESHER 20-06-2007 07:46 PM

Fixed .. :)

saturation 20-06-2007 08:02 PM

dont ecutek claim they will return to stock for nothing ? might be worth checking with whoever did the initial ecutek tune.

and on a side note how about a full pic of your avatar rexzist :p

chronic_2k 20-06-2007 09:39 PM

sorry 4 being a nub, but i need a few things clearing up in my head atm...
ok... what ECU do u need to carry a "VERSO tune out?
i am also assuming that you cannot VERSO tune a liberty RS?
and what does VERSO mean?

mr_psi 20-06-2007 09:47 PM

you need a standard ecu...

the problem they are having here is that the ecu NVRENUF wants to get tuned already has a tune by a different distributor being ECUTEK (which is a remapped stock ecu as well) however VERSO cannot overwrite ECUTEK tune for some reason... that i am not sure off

BOMB3R 20-06-2007 10:03 PM

Verso and EcuTek use your standard ecu and reflash Benny.

The thing is people a tune is only as good as the tuner, their product and THE CAR THEY ARE TUNING and atm Sean and the Verso team can hold their own against any tuner/workshop in Perth.

MKVIGTI 20-06-2007 10:09 PM

[QUOTE=mr_psi]you need a standard ecu...

the problem they are having here is that the ecu NVRENUF wants to get tuned already has a tune by a different distributor being ECUTEK (which is a remapped stock ecu as well) however VERSO cannot overwrite ECUTEK tune for some reason... that i am not sure off[/QUOTE]

My understanding of the way it works is that with either you can't actualy SEE the tune that is in the ECU. You have the TUNE on the laptop and flash this into the ECU, check the result and reflash again. Continue until finished. You are always viewing what is on the laptop without actualy reading the ECU.

Going from ECUTEK to Verso or Verso to ECUTEK you do not have any information on what is already in the ECU. If you guess wrong starting out you could run into big problems. E.G. thinking there is less timing advance than there really is.

Also I suspect if Verso were to adjust an ECUTEK tune they would be leaving themselves open to litigation same as if you were to rip the guts out of Windows Vista and change it to your liking and then charge for it. Microsoft would sue you before you could blink.

MKVIGTI 20-06-2007 10:13 PM

[QUOTE=PIGSTi]Verso and EcuTek use your standard ecu and reflash Benny.

The thing is people a tune is only as good as the tuner, their product and THE CAR THEY ARE TUNING and atm Sean and the Verso team can hold their own against any tuner/workshop in Perth.[/QUOTE]

Have you had any luck getting yours going again Jaron.

The one thing that I do like about the ECUTEK is when things do go wrong you have support just about where ever you are.

Yes my car has been out of the state and peace of mind to know I can have my tune e-mailed to the nearest ECUTEK dealer and sort out any dramas.

Smokey 20-06-2007 10:27 PM

1. Someone tuning with verso can see exactly what the engine is doing.
2. Verso has access to full RAM dumps.
3. Verso knows exactly what amount of timing the engine will be using for a given application.

nauli 21-06-2007 08:11 AM

Now why the fuck would you pay $1000 change from ECUTek to Verso when they both do EXACTLY THE SAME THING??
There is no "ones better than the other"...there are no "secret features" in one and not the other.
As said previously ad infinitum on this forum..."IT'S ALL UP TO THE WAY IT IS TUNED BY THE TUNER". All the tuners for ECUTek and Verso in Perth are reputable and know what they're doing.

So why waste $1000 just to get a "Verso" sticker on the back window?

Tell him to go and talk to whoever did the ECUTek tune.

nauli 21-06-2007 08:16 AM

And an ECUTek can be put back to a "standard tune" mode...

agentorange 21-06-2007 08:29 AM

[QUOTE=nauli]Now why the fuck would you pay $1000 change from ECUTek to Verso when they both do EXACTLY THE SAME THING??
There is no "ones better than the other"...[B]there are no "secret features"[/B] in one and not the other.
As said previously ad infinitum on this forum..."IT'S ALL UP TO THE WAY IT IS TUNED BY THE TUNER". All the tuners for ECUTek and Verso in Perth are reputable and know what they're doing.

Tell him to go and talk to whoever did the ECUTek tune.[/QUOTE]

There are if you do the following...Down, up, left, left, A, Right, Down.

That will give you the secret features...:D

mr_psi 21-06-2007 08:30 AM

[QUOTE=nauli]Now why the fuck would you pay $1000 change from ECUTek to Verso when they both do EXACTLY THE SAME THING??
There is no "ones better than the other"...there are no "secret features" in one and not the other.

thats what i was thinking... if it comes down to the bottom line where he would like a tune... trade someone with a standard ECU and cash adjustment or something... surely VERSO couldnt be any better then ECUTEK.. it may just be the tune :P

Josh 21-06-2007 08:43 AM

Look at the QUALITY of the tunes - Not necessarily the product.

The ECU is only as good as the tuner. Remember that.

sleepy 21-06-2007 08:50 AM

From what I understand he only has a Tek 1/2 tune, so he is going to have to outlay more money to upgrade his Tek 2 to a fully tuned Tek3 anyway?

If I had a verso compatible car it would be the first place I would go. Reason being, the people that wrote the software tune the cars. No support from the UK or other Companies required because the shop it's getting tuned at developed it!!

IMPRESHER 21-06-2007 09:06 AM

[QUOTE=PIGSTi]Verso and EcuTek use your standard ecu and reflash Benny.

Ohh nice didnt no that Jaron , im new with the VERSO. so would my Tune be that or is it a RE-TUNE..?

BOMB3R 21-06-2007 09:12 AM

[QUOTE='[REXZIST]'][QUOTE=PIGSTi]Verso and EcuTek use your standard ecu and reflash Benny.

Ohh nice didnt no that Jaron , im new with the VERSO. so would my Tune be that or is it a RE-TUNE..?[/QUOTE]
Dont you have Motec?

IMPRESHER 21-06-2007 09:45 AM

Autronics..

MKVIGTI 21-06-2007 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=sleepy]From what I understand he only has a Tek 1/2 tune, so he is going to have to outlay more money to upgrade his Tek 2 to a fully tuned Tek3 anyway?

If I had a verso compatible car it would be the first place I would go. Reason being, the people that wrote the software tune the cars. No support from the UK or other Companies required because the shop it's getting tuned at developed it!![/QUOTE]
Had a tek 2 done at MMS and wasen't that thrilled with it so had Lane from Race Torque take it to a tek 3. Charged just for his Labour and Dyno time. Bout 300 bucks I think.

Have always been happy with lanes tunes ( Last 1 in particular ) but must admit always want just a little bit more 6 months down the track. Trying hard to promise myself I wont after the new turbo but can see the writing on the wall :D :D :D

nauli 21-06-2007 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=sleepy]From what I understand he only has a Tek 1/2 tune, so he is going to have to outlay more money to upgrade his Tek 2 to a fully tuned Tek3 anyway?[/QUOTE]

Possibly some dyno time...as he would with any tuner doing a re-tune on any product/computer

[QUOTE=sleepy]If I had a verso compatible car it would be the first place I would go. Reason being, the people that wrote the software tune the cars. No support from the UK or other Companies required because the shop it's getting tuned at developed it!![/QUOTE]

No, Sean and Nick did not write the software...they tune the cars (and are very good tuners).
Peter wrote the software and to my knowledge he is not an employee of Sean & Nick's.

Remember also that ECUTek tuners throughout Aust all communicate with each other so developments and tuning tricks get passed around (eg the fix for electronic throttle lag on MY06+'s...)

BOMB3R 21-06-2007 10:31 AM

[QUOTE=nauli]
Remember also that ECUTek tuners throughout Aust all communicate with each other so developments and tuning tricks get passed around (eg the fix for electronic throttle lag on MY06+'s...)[/QUOTE]

My Ecu is currently in the UK because tuners in Perth and over east (MRT) couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.
There is an advantage of having the people who wrote the software close by. I have had my car for 5 days out of the last 6 weeks, I was on holiday for 2.5 of them though:D

sleepy 21-06-2007 10:39 AM

[QUOTE=nauli]
No, Sean and Nick did not write the software...they tune the cars (and are very good tuners).
Peter wrote the software and to my knowledge he is not an employee of Sean & Nick's.
[/QUOTE]

From what I hear Pete has a lot of input into the tunes done on cars. Infact he attends most of the tunes. Can't say much for ECUTek. Having to send ECU's back to the UK.

Not intentionally bagging ECUTek. I am purely just saying that if I had a choice of products Verso would win, because the support is there, not in another country.

American Dave 21-06-2007 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=sleepy]From what I hear Pete has a lot of input into the tunes done on cars. Infact he attends most of the tunes. Can't say much for ECUTek. Having to send ECU's back to the UK.

Not intentionally bagging ECUTek. I am purely just saying that if I had a choice of products Verso would win, because the support is there, not in another country.[/QUOTE]

Pete is the brains behind verso correct! He will be pulling my maps very soon with the view towards allowing Sean to tune my new car using verso. I was meant to go there last night but got sidetracked with work and couldn't get there.

BLUES 21-06-2007 11:07 AM

If Pete decides to go on an extended holiday, or take a lucative job interstate/overseas, gets sick, etc - can anyone else tune a Versofied car?

I understand (and am happy to be corrected if I am wrong) that the ASG boys can't Verso tune without Pete? Is this correct?

Just something to think about regarding 'product support'.

Edit - remember, the answer is always MoTeC :D

nauli 21-06-2007 11:17 AM

[QUOTE=sleepy]From what I hear Pete has a lot of input into the tunes done on cars. Infact he attends most of the tunes. Can't say much for ECUTek. Having to send ECU's back to the UK.

Not intentionally bagging ECUTek. I am purely just saying that if I had a choice of products Verso would win, because the support is there, not in another country.[/QUOTE]

OK, you're not bagging ECUTek per se, but your information about its support is just not true. In fact there are a lot more sources of ECUTek info to be had around Aust (than Verso, for example which is only in one? workshop)...and I've never heard of an ECU going to UK.
And I am in no way saying this to detract from Verso....it's just if one is going to make statements on a public forum, then they should be accurate. The fact is that there is huge support for ECUTek around Australia, ECUTek tuners share info and there are regular ECUTek symposia in Sydney for tuners.
Of course the choice you make is your own and we are very fortunate here in Perth to have choices.

phizzle 21-06-2007 11:19 AM

$990 VERSO > $2000+ ECUtek 3. They do the same thing. IF Lane at RT or Steve(?) at MMS were better tuners than Sean at ASG people would still be buying VERSO but instead of ASG doing what seems to be 90% (on this forum at least) of the tuning, it would be getting done wherever the 'magic' tuner works.

Bottom line: Pick your tuner, then pick your ecu managemnt/software based on your budget and project goals.

BOMB3R 21-06-2007 11:25 AM

[QUOTE=nauli]OK, you're not bagging ECUTek per se, but your information about its support is just not true. In fact there are a lot more sources of ECUTek info to be had around Aust (than Verso, for example which is only in one? workshop)...[B]and I've never heard of an ECU going to UK.[/B]
And I am in no way saying this to detract from Verso....it's just if one is going to make statements on a public forum, then they should be accurate. The fact is that there is huge support for ECUTek around Australia, ECUTek tuners share info and there are regular ECUTek symposia in Sydney for tuners.
Of course the choice you make is your own and we are very fortunate here in Perth to have choices.[/QUOTE]

My Ecu is in the UK atm........

Kato 21-06-2007 11:26 AM

Wow. Everyone is up in arms with a Verso debate again.

Easy answers for everyone. If you have a ECUtek tune of any variety and are happy with it, then by all means contact an ECUtek tuner and have the tune upgraded.

If you've not happy with the ECUtek, by all means look at other options (Verso, Motec, Autronic, Link, NASA Missile Control etc).

If you are interested in Verso, contact Allstar Garage on 9248 7433 and have a chat to them.

Now, I might recommend that people like Blues and Nauli have a chat to them too before the go on professing 'what happens if' etc. I mean, what happens if ECUtek in the UK decides to shut its doors? What happens to all the Australian tuners. For what it is worth, Pete is there at every Verso tune to make sure it is to his satisfaction. Should he go on holiday, work will continue as usual.

And Steve, read Jaron's post before. His ECU has been sent over east for diagnosis and now has been sent back to the UK for diagnosis. All this time he is without his car or an explanation as to what is going on. Personally this does not give great confidence in all this "we have more workshops and share knowledge, so we must be better".

phizzle 21-06-2007 11:29 AM

Jaron, have they given you any indication as to what might be wrong with it? I would think if it stopped working they could reset to factory, put it back on the dyno and redo the lot, gracia of course!

nauli 21-06-2007 11:30 AM

[QUOTE=phizzle]$990 VERSO > $2000+ ECUtek 3. They do the same thing. IF Lane at RT or Steve(?) at MMS were better tuners than Sean at ASG people would still be buying VERSO but instead of ASG doing what seems to be 90% (on this forum at least) of the tuning, it would be getting done wherever the 'magic' tuner works.

Bottom line: Pick your tuner, then pick your ecu managemnt/software based on your budget and project goals.[/QUOTE]

Again, bottom line, get the facts right....

ECUTek at MMS (including a run and fiddle on the dyno to fine tune) is $1595.
They will also recommend a fuel pump upgrade for extra $ (as would ASG on Verso on top of their $990).
Don't know what RT charge.

BLUES 21-06-2007 11:32 AM

[QUOTE=Kato]
Now, I might recommend that people like Blues and Nauli have a chat to them too before the go on professing 'what happens if' etc. I mean, what happens if ECUtek in the UK decides to shut its doors? What happens to all the Australian tuners. For what it is worth, Pete is there at every Verso tune to make sure it is to his satisfaction. Should he go on holiday, work will continue as usual..[/QUOTE]

Another advertorial - thanks!

The reason I asked my question was for the benefit of future (& current) customers.

So, am i reading your post correctly - if Pete is unavailable, ASG can [B]tune [/B] new & existing verso customers in his absence?