Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > Wanted
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 03:52 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

ReppohC at standard level
Default MY00 Bonnet, Bumper

After a MY00 WRX bonnet but interested in whatever is avaliable. Also after a front bumper. Really would love the parts in 'pure white' (51E) (MY98-MY00 afaik) but I don't think I have much chance of this happening.

I've tried most wreckers over Perth (Yes that includes JWS) and can't find the parts I need. Found some parts over east (and of course Subaru new) but they are a last resort. Thought I'd give it one last go see if anyone has some bits lying around...

Saw the MY99 bumper thread so hoping you guys still might have your bumpers around
Old 11-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

You might luck onto a bonnet but buy the bumper new. Will save the spray painter having to sand the old one and fill in the stone chips etc. i.e. the difference between a new one and repainting an old one is negligble.

Brendon
Old 11-02-2008, 09:29 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

WRXWAGON at standard level
Send a message via MSN to WRXWAGON

new bumper from subaru is bout $250 and bonnets bout $450
Old 11-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXWAGON
new bumper from subaru is bout $250 and bonnets bout $450
plus sccop,vents backing plates etc
Old 12-02-2008, 12:49 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX-REX
plus sccop,vents backing plates etc
Yes thats pretty much the reason I'm looking second hand for these bits. That and I might just chance on some in the colour I'm after. I do have most of the fiddly parts but not the best condition to start with. On the bumper I'm missing a vent, foglights/covers, and the bar reinforcement is a little wonky and rusted. Once you add up the cost from Subaru it works out to $280 for the bumper, $120 for the bar support ($40 for clips too but I don't need them), $40 for the vent. $400 for the covers! Or $100 for a set of foglights from private sale. ~$540-$840 + paint !

Similar situation with my bonnet.

Found a complete white front bumper from over east but thats also pretty expensive (relative) ($650 + freight). Won't be the same condition as a freshly painted one anyway.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

How much are you looking to spend? I have done the 99 update on the front of my car. Probably cost me a bit over $1000 to do it all myself, but then i sold a few bits to make some money back.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:48 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

To be honest I'm trying to save as much money as I can without cutting too many corners. Got some light panel damage on the front of my white MY00, so only need a few bits and pieces (headlight, corner, guard, bumper, bonnet). Most of my stuff is borderline ok (bonnet has a dent) but I'd rather get it replaced then fill the thing with bog / dodgy it up.

I'm not too concerned about the final finish as the rest of the car is far from perfect. So second hand parts with normal wear and tear are fine by me. Thats why I'm looking for second hand, painted in white, etc, to mostly save money on preping and paint. Starting to realise how hard it is to actually source the parts, let alone find them in the same white!
Old 12-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

so if you got a new bonnet you already have the scoop and vents etc?
I have a pair of corner lights here you can have for $10 each if you like. Should be someone on here with a set of foglights for you cheap.
I would recommend a new bonnet, bumper and guard as they are not extremely expensive. I know Jester was getting some stuff in a while back for 99/00 wrxs, eg headlights and bonnets etc.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:58 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Yeah cheers for the advice mate. I've decided for a combination of new and used parts (from what is available). New bumper and bonnet (and a few little things I'm missing). I've sourced a white guard and worst case is having to prep it for paint should it be the wrong white.

There is still that V6 STi front bumper over east tempting me... has all the goodies (bar reinforcement, fog light covers, lip, vents) for $650 + freight. (So maybe $800?). No idea on condition though. But breaking it down cost wise (cheapest parts), $250 (base) + $150 (lip) + $200 (covers) + $100 (bar) + paint = $800+.

Ah well if anyone has a bonnet or bumper (or knows where there is one locally) I'd still be interested to know