Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > Wanted
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Sign me up!
Small snail syndrome

Wozzernux at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to Wozzernux
Default WTB: Stock shifter for MY00

G'day folks, chasing a stock shifter for my MY00 sedan. Current one has been um, modified by the previous dickhead owner.

Looks like they lost one of the three grub screws from the Momo gear knob that secures the knob to the shifter shaft, and instead of replacing it with an identical screw they used a longer one and DRILLED A FUCKING HOLE THROUGH THE SHIFTER SHAFT to make it fit so the collar could be screwed back on. :/

So for the past 18 months I've been driving around with a gear knob that occasionally comes loose and it's kinda dangerous, and it's annoying the fuck out of me.

So... if anyone has a stock shifter lying around in good condition, I'll happily come and buy it from you. No idea how much they're worth, $20 for an 8yo stock item? Or throw me a value and we can discuss.

While on the topic, what's the go with short shifters? I'd assume that a standard gearbox isn't really supposed to handle faster gear changes, anyone got some stories and/or experience with this?

Cheers

Lance