Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > Wanted
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Foresight at standard level
Default WTB: Stock Steel Blue MY00 Version 6 Sti

Hey Guys,

As most of you know I'm looking to join the club with a Stock Steel Blue MY00 Version 6 Sti.

Basically searching for a car that fills the following specs:
Australian delivered STI
As little modifications as possible
No accidents
No/minimal track work
Reasonable Kms (around the 100,000km mark is ok but understand that it isnt always an indicator of car condition)
Steel Blue colour
Sound mechanical condition
Paint and interior in good condition (understand that they are over a decade old)
Full service history

Basically after a stock car that is running well and has been looked after. I want to keep the car factory so the fewer mods the better.

Thanks everyone
Old 03-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

I have been made aware of a mint condition(proper mint) MY99 STi 4dr with around 20,000kms that one of the older guys at work has been holding onto...

He'll want decent money for it I'd imagine, but it's completely stock bar an exhaust, and he has the standard one which can be refitted if required.

Anyway, he was telling me about the car, and it reminded me of this thread, so I thought I'd mention it. It's not exactly what you were requesting, but it's definitely the sort of collector's item I think you were aiming for!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

Avalanche at standard level

Must be an import if its a my99 four door sti right?
Old 04-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

I think he meant a 1999 MY00 4 door sti
Old 04-06-2011, 05:55 PM

any idea what colour it is? Might help us figure out what year it is.

Do you know how much hes asking for it? At the end of the day it is going to be my daily driver so I am willing to pay a bit more than the market is paying on average to get one in really good condition but Im dont think itd be smart to start paying collector style prices.

Appreciate you keeping a look out mate
Old 05-06-2011, 12:22 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Sorry, it must be a 1999 MY00 in that case... I am not 100% on colour, although I don't think it's the steel blue...

From what he was telling me, it is in collector's condition, and being a car salesman, he'll want decent coin for it, but, as I've had a few PM's about it, I will find out a little bit more about it and let you guys know.

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 08-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Sign me up!
///M3

OK... Spoke with the owner today...

The car is a 1999 MY00 4dr STi in the Grey/Steel Blue.

He was working for the Subaru dealership at the time they were released and bought it brand new, and it has been sitting in his garage undercover since then.

The car has had very limited use, and no track time. Just clicked over 27,000kms.

It is in showroom condition and could probably be put into a museum from what I am told.
The price reflects this though, as he would only be interested in offers over $40k.

I will try and get some photo's of the car for anyone interested, but it is completely stock bar the exhaust, which can be swapped back to the stock system as he still has that.

Basically, he is an older guy who doesn't need to sell, but is tired of having the car taking up room in the garage. He tells me for less than $40k though, he will keep the car and pass it down in the family.

So if someone is wanting a collectable condition STi... This is absolutely the car you want... If you're wanting a bargain priced STi to drive around, keep looking...

If anyone is interested, please PM/contact me and I can pass your details onto the owner...

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 13-06-2011, 09:51 AM

Thanks for investigating that further Jimmy. I think I know the car you are talking about, its not advertised on shannons site is it? Sounds like a great car for a collector but not for a public carpark like mine will inevitably enjoy see haha

Ok so I might have a car, just waiting for it to get inspected by an sti dealership. I figured they would be best for a stock car over a tuning shop. The car has aftermarket wheels so I was wondering if the gold 6 spoke wheels the stis came with were the same as the wrxs? I will be looking for a stock set to replace the aftermarket ones so just want to make sure I am getting the right ones. If anyone on here has a set let me know (I will put an official wanted thread up if i buy the car)

Cheers
Old 13-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Sign me up!
STI Master

Avalanche at standard level

Will be a matter of time before u mod it

The wheels were the same but in silver I believe
Old 13-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foresight View Post
Thanks for investigating that further Jimmy. I think I know the car you are talking about, its not advertised on shannons site is it? Sounds like a great car for a collector but not for a public carpark like mine will inevitably enjoy see haha

Ok so I might have a car, just waiting for it to get inspected by an sti dealership. I figured they would be best for a stock car over a tuning shop. The car has aftermarket wheels so I was wondering if the gold 6 spoke wheels the stis came with were the same as the wrxs? I will be looking for a stock set to replace the aftermarket ones so just want to make sure I am getting the right ones. If anyone on here has a set let me know (I will put an official wanted thread up if i buy the car)

Cheers
If you mean this one --> Lot 115 - Subaru Impreza WRX STi Limited Edition Sedan (314/400) - Classic Vehicle Auctions - Shannons

No... It is a local car, and completely stock bar the exhaust... I am about to post up an EOI thread on the owner's behalf as he sent me some photo's over the weekend...

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe