Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > Wanted
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2015, 09:39 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Hazza at standard level
Default GC8 wrx parts to get over pits

chasing the following:

- stock Air box
- the 1"ish hose that comes from stock BOV
- 4 x rims and tyres with good even tread

I need these parts so I can get my 2000 wrx over the pits.

once passed ill put it back the way it was so if anyone could lend me the items for a week tops when I have it booked, perhaps for beer that would be ideal. If youd rather sell lemme know price.

Thanks
Old 08-01-2015, 06:50 AM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

A pod filter will pass pits, if its fixed to the body by a bracket of some sort (any sort, as long as its not flopping about).

I would think the rubber tube/pipe for the BOV could be sourced anywhere? Bunnings? Repco? Clark Rubber (just throwing ideas about)

With your current wheels, are you worried about the size and width, or are the tyres cactus? What's on there at the moment?
Old 08-01-2015, 08:56 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Sammy82 at standard level

I have a stock air box you can borrow for a week, but I live in Scarborough...
Old 08-01-2015, 09:40 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Hazza at standard level

ok cool I should be able to secure it with something, thanks for the offer Sammy.
yeah I had a look in super cheap but the hose bends in a U shape and there weren't any that came close. Don't know why the wrecker didn't just give it with the BOV, ahh well.

yeah two tyres are shot but the inspectors generally like to see even tread on each tyre so was thinking just by a cheap set of genuines or aftermarket. might just get two second hand tyres put on and see how I go.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:07 AM
STI Master

Turbotech on Great Eastern Highway (near Rivervale).
I bought silicone hoses from them.
It might be a bit of a drive, but they had loads of options.
Take the BOV with you and they'll find an exact hose to fit, with 90 degreee bends if thats what you need.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Scoobie Noobie

unkn0wn at standard level

Hey,

if it were me and i liked the rims that are on the car currently, id just get new tires for the two worn ones. Cause if your gonna end up driving on those rims, you really do want good/legal tread.

otherwise, there is a few sets of wrx 17's FS on gumtree and the like. seem quite common.

with the pod, just some metal holding it in place, does not have to be overly pretty, but just had to hold it so when the pits inspector tries to move it, it does not move around easily.

the other thing to watch for is the intake noise, ive had some pits inspectors be fussy about the amount of noise coming from the intake...altho at the time it was a dose pipe and quite loud and awesome, they frowned upon it....so just make sure there no overly audible noises coming from the pod.

with the bov pipe, perhaps try Supercheap, you can rummage through their heater hoses and find something thats close to the shape you need. thats what i usually do....otherwise yeah, maybe someone here as a genuine item FS?

anyway, free bump and good luck.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Hazza at standard level

Awesome input guys cheers

Does anyone know of a loop hole in keeping an after market bov or do you have to have a mod permit?

yeah I have been keeping an eye on him tree for wheels. Quick question are you allowed to go one or two inches over factory rim size?
Old 08-01-2015, 02:23 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

grape juice at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza View Post
Awesome input guys cheers

Does anyone know of a loop hole in keeping an after market bov or do you have to have a mod permit?

yeah I have been keeping an eye on him tree for wheels. Quick question are you allowed to go one or two inches over factory rim size?
No expert, but you can easily get after market bov's over the pits. but if its an atmospheric one, forget it.

As for the rim size, its 2 inches larger than factory, but I also believe overall rolling diameter needs to be the same.

"All in relation to nothing. Nothing in relation to infinity. A central point to both, And infinitely far from understanding either."
Old 08-01-2015, 03:33 PM
STI Master

^^^ This post is spot on.

You can have a "blow off valve", but it cannot vent to atmosphere (go wwwwooootsssh), it must vent back to the intake.

Accepted wheel size is 2 inches up on factory size, and I am also hearing they are going by overall rolling diameter too.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Scoobie Noobie

unkn0wn at standard level

Yep, no atmospheric venting bovs will be legal, so you will need to plumb it back into intake.

Last i heard wheel size was 2inchs difference from the largest wheel your car came out with stock (so based on your tyre placard in the glove-box/door arch).

there is some rules on rolling diamiater to, but if your close to stock, then it will be fine....it adversly afects your speedo, so thats one thing to keep an eye out for.

if you want to get into details you cant change your track by more than someting like 25mm on road cars and 500mm on 4wds, so you cannot change the offset of your rims by more than 12 or something. so if you have +55 stock rims, you can only go to +43..caprece? but they rarely check this, unless there being anal or you visually have some mad sick rims that would not be legal.