Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Wanted (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/wanted/)
-   -   Stock MY11 - MY13 STi Sedan exhaust. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/wanted/61048-stock-my11-my13-sti-sedan-exhaust.html)

s20525xxx 15-03-2015 10:56 AM

Or u can get a varex muffler with butterfly valve, so can control the volume with a touch of a button, and have minimal influence on performance.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

waggaclint 15-03-2015 02:42 PM

I'd just look at replacing the rear mufflers, I've got a aftermarket DP and mid pipe on my Forester with stock rear mufflers and it's nice and quiet but I still get a slight gain with DP etc...

GTB Liberty 15-03-2015 02:51 PM

Same here ... After market DP ceramic coated and OEM exhaust after that. Performance gains and quiet operation.

Alternate 15-03-2015 05:52 PM

My mate had his 2015 sti exhaust replaced at MM a few weeks ago, it might still be there...

[QUOTE=Mantis;818664]I'll take a closer look at the exhaust that's on it today and see what sort of setup it is.

Either way, it will getting replaced with a standard exhaust (If I ever find one!). As much as I love the sound, I'm not confident my neighbours in the small complex where I live would appreciate it as much....

So anyone out there got a standard MY11+ STi Sedan exhaust?

What do you guys think the likelihood would be of somewhere like Maximum Motorsport having a stock exhaust lying around? I might give them a buzz on Monday..

Cheers,

Shane[/QUOTE]

Zombee 15-03-2015 06:30 PM

[QUOTE=Mantis;818664]I'll take a closer look at the exhaust that's on it today and see what sort of setup it is.

Either way, it will getting replaced with a standard exhaust (If I ever find one!). As much as I love the sound, I'm not confident my neighbours in the small complex where I live would appreciate it as much....

So anyone out there got a standard MY11+ STi Sedan exhaust?

What do you guys think the likelihood would be of somewhere like Maximum Motorsport having a stock exhaust lying around? I might give them a buzz on Monday..

Cheers,

Shane[/QUOTE]

Not meaning to sound blunt, but did you buy the car for yourself or for your neighbours?
I leave for work at 5am every morning and my neighbours can just deal with the car noise for all of the 10 secs it takes me to leave.
Never had a complaint from them, and I've even asked them about it.
I reckon you'll regret going back to stock.
Half the fun of owning a Rex is the boxer rumble!
My 2c :)

Mantis 15-03-2015 07:28 PM

[QUOTE=Alternate;818698]My mate had his 2015 sti exhaust replaced at MM a few weeks ago, it might still be there...[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, I'll see how I go with them tomorrow..

Would the new 2015 exhaust fit the outgoing model?

Alternate 15-03-2015 10:40 PM

I'm pretty sure he said it was the same exhaust he bought for his previous 2012 wrx so should be

MM should know for sure anyhoo.

mao 15-03-2015 11:01 PM

The 2015 exhaust is slightly longer. Will need the hangers adjusted and the factory length cut down with new flanges to fit.

[QUOTE=Mantis;818702]Thanks mate, I'll see how I go with them tomorrow..

Would the new 2015 exhaust fit the outgoing model?[/QUOTE]

Mantis 15-03-2015 11:07 PM

Great stuff, thanks for the heads up guys.

Mantis 17-03-2015 10:28 PM

Thanks guys for all of your help, I dropped in to Maximum yesterday, they plugged in the laptop and confirmed that they tuned the car with ecutek when they fitted the exhaust.

From what I can see, the exhaust that is fitted is just straight through with cat to a hot dog for each pipe at the back. Now that I know that it has been tuned, I won't be stuffing around with it just yet, I'll replace the cat back section later down the track (Thinking of going with Invidia) adding headers and Process West CAI at the same time then retune.

Thanks again for all the assistance, stock exhaust will no longer be required.. :-)