Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Saint_23's Attempted Racecar (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/27095-saint_23s-attempted-racecar.html)

RSR-WRC 16-05-2011 05:54 PM

So you going to do nolimits this month?

Saint_23 16-05-2011 06:17 PM

Nah. As a barbs virgin would prefer my first time out there to be on a training/track day with instructors.

No limits is interesting, but I am aiming to do the Twilight RallySprint Series as my first competitive outing as a driver.

RSR-WRC 16-05-2011 06:36 PM

Same, I too will be doing the twilight sprint series this year, with nolimits you can have instructors in the car with you like franz...
I too have never done the twilight series but am trying to get as much seat time before I brave it.

Saint_23 16-05-2011 08:28 PM

I co-drove for the twilight series last year. Looking forward to trying it myself.
Just need to do a few more bits to the car to get her ready first.

Master D 16-05-2011 08:36 PM

Honestly dave, no limits is an awesome platform for learning higher speed driving.
Given everyone knows the barbagello course, its much easier ( for me at least) to focus racecraft rather than doing all that and trying to handle a new course.

Just my opinion.
For me... consistantly managed 74-75secs before instructors help, then constanntly dropped that night until i equaled instructors time after 1 instructor session.

Saint_23 16-05-2011 08:47 PM

[QUOTE=Master D;566213]Honestly dave, no limits is an awesome platform for learning higher speed driving.
Given everyone knows the barbagello course, its much easier ( for me at least) to focus racecraft rather than doing all that and trying to handle a new course.

Just my opinion.
For me... consistantly managed 74-75secs before instructors help, then constanntly dropped that night until i equaled instructors time after 1 instructor session.[/QUOTE]

I'll get there eventually Dave. But I just prefer skidpan, motorkana type driving. Rallying is where my heart lies.
:3gears:

[REXPLOIT] 16-05-2011 08:48 PM

Matt's old wheels? :confused:

And I look forward to sharing battles of laptimes and after race beers soon! No Lims / Collie and Twilight. (I'm crossing everything and praying for stars to align so shit happens on time).

Brent.
:)

Saint_23 16-05-2011 08:52 PM

[QUOTE=sleepR;566221]Matt's old wheels? :confused:

And I look forward to sharing battles of laptimes and after race beers soon! No Lims / Collie and Twilight. (I'm crossing everything and praying for stars to align so shit happens on time).

Brent.
:)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, bought Matt's Enkei's.

Will do doing Collie and Twilight :)

Just need to secure a co-driver.

Master D 16-05-2011 08:55 PM

[QUOTE=Saint_23;566220]I'll get there eventually Dave. But I just prefer skidpan, motorkana type driving. Rallying is where my heart lies.
:3gears:[/QUOTE]

Fair enough dave

evlgurl 17-05-2011 03:37 PM

Can't wait to see the Enkei's on this. It will look awesome!
What else are you planning on doing to get it ready for twilight.