Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Saint_23's Attempted Racecar (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/27095-saint_23s-attempted-racecar.html)

teejay 17-05-2011 03:54 PM

Rallysprint isnt rallying though is it really?

Its just a tight track with some fast bits.

Saint_23 17-05-2011 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=evlgurl;566667]Can't wait to see the Enkei's on this. It will look awesome!
What else are you planning on doing to get it ready for twilight.[/QUOTE]

Need too put in harnesses, another extinguisher, etc.
Also hoping too have intercooler spray in, handbrake needs to be tightened.
Got some other ideas as well, but limited by $.

[QUOTE=teejay;566676]Rallysprint isnt rallying though is it really?

Its just a tight track with some fast bits.[/QUOTE]

Gotta start somewhere TJ.
Think it would be a bit over zealous to jump into loose surface rallying straight away.
Plus having to change the setup of the car for it. We'll just see what the future brings.

Was just saying I prefer that type of event.

ALEX. 17-05-2011 09:22 PM

On the topic of rallying Dave, I know you love to follow it, but what has your experience on gravel been over the years in terms of driving cars? The odd few hundred meters in your rex has been done (dunno if you've done other stuff) but have you been out to some tracks in other cars over the years? What's stirred your passion for it so much?

Saint_23 18-05-2011 07:33 AM

[QUOTE=ALEX.;566800]On the topic of rallying Dave, I know you love to follow it, but what has your experience on gravel been over the years in terms of driving cars? The odd few hundred meters in your rex has been done (dunno if you've done other stuff) but have you been out to some tracks in other cars over the years? What's stirred your passion for it so much?[/QUOTE]

I have driven plenty of gravel roads over the years, but nothing ever competitive.

I grew up watching it, started when I went to my first Rally Aus in 1990, and was hooked. Went every year after that until it ended. I miss the days of old when they used to make the cars dance and skip around corners.

Today's rallying driving styles seems to precise and clinical, which is sure to be faster, but used to love hearing the car approaching through the forest, then all of a sudden seeing it come around the corner in a big slide on opposite lock. Don't see too many Scandinavian flicks anymore.

Rallying in those days was also very accessible. I got to meet all the top level drivers face to face, chat with them etc.

I would leave on some days of the rally at 3am just to get the best spots on the stages for viewing. Would spend ages camped out in the bush, watch the top 10 or 15 cars, then high-tail it to the next stage or service park. Would cram in as much as possible. And the variety of cars was great too... Lancia, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Peugeot, Toyota, Ford, Seat, Skoda.

Watching the service crews was another great thing to see. Watched a crew change a gearbox inside 15 mins once. So many great drivers who could be fighting for podiums, instead of watching Loeb simply win everything. Juha, Colin, Richard, Didier, Carlos, Marko, Francois, Miki, Marcus, Harri, Possum, the list goes on. We also have some spectacular stages here, the Sotico stages, Stirling West, Atkins, Muresk.

Anyway, I could go on all day Alex... I have a multitude of great memories, and cupboards full of photos and memorabilia.

jEstEr? 23-05-2011 06:50 PM

You need to come do a road closure with us. Experts Cup is on the 11th of June

Jezza 23-05-2011 07:58 PM

I'd be keen to tag along on a rally day too! Haven't seen it in person...

Saint_23 18-06-2011 04:43 PM

Went out to take some pics today...

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/261305_10150209737878068_700198067_7151627_1204330_n.jpg[/IMG]

Bgwrx 18-06-2011 04:45 PM

nice pic, where did you get the front lip from?

Saint_23 18-06-2011 04:50 PM

[QUOTE=Bgwrx;576812]nice pic, where did you get the front lip from?[/QUOTE]

Genuine Ultrex product ;)

American Dave 18-06-2011 05:02 PM

oh hell yes that's sexual

more pics closer dave closer