Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   The white car (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/34953-white-car.html)

WRXRW 12-06-2010 04:31 PM

we don't even get e10, which is a shame, as a 100ron fuel its miles better than british petroleums finest but bp's monopoly in this state ensures we will never get it. as for 85 on tap, i highly doubt it. CSR blend is the one to buy, not the blended other rubbish that's out n' about. with enough supply on hand, no reason why you can't get your corn fix in perth. i cycle about 2-4 drums a month at my current usage and one thing i have found out is to make sure to ditch any standard style carbon fuel filters as they will block up if e85 is used all the time, or just replace the standard one as part of a scheduled service interval.

once you corn you always corn!

teejay 12-06-2010 05:36 PM

Mr churo, holden is about to release a e85 using commodore, so caltex is rolling it out.

knowing perth though, it will somehow miss out.

WRXRW 12-06-2010 06:06 PM

with only a handful of sites around australia on pump e85, holden better make a leyland p76 style 44 gallon drum capacity fuel tank!

E85 Road Fuel
United Petroleum

N.S.W.
127 Victoria Road, Rozelle
Ph:02 9555 7619

Victoria
160 Old Geelong Road, Hoppers Crossing
Ph:03 97483601

the required infastructure to get petrol stations e85 compatible will far outweigh the people cueing up to fill, notwisthanding a 40% increased fuel usage bill and a 2-3$ a lt price tag so highly unlikely it will go ahead across the board and less likely here in perth especially if its a road blend of suspect ron content.

if you can't get a source good flow of racing green mix fuel in wa, your not trying hard enough, granted drum and drum pumps are a pain sometimes but its a small price to pay for all the advantages of running this fuel.

teejay 12-06-2010 06:08 PM

Yeah thats current, caltex released a statement the other day saying 100 sites by years end and more to come.

like i said, i wouldnt use it for a performance based thing anyhow as it has a 10 "ron" tolerance - so you might get e75.

DJDINO 12-06-2010 06:49 PM

[QUOTE=teejay;461952]like i said, i wouldnt use it for a performance based thing anyhow as it has a 10 "ron" tolerance - so you might get e75.[/QUOTE]

I'd have it tuned with a safety margin so pump fuel won't be a problem, plenty of guys over east using pump E85 in track cars, I sat in a EVO 9 the other day on E10, stroker, 400hp + and it was an animal. I'll use drums and see how I go, problem is it doesn't store very well and after a month I'd be hesitant to use it, at the moment I would struggle to use 200L in a month, also in drums at $572 ($2.86L) it isn't cheap, I think it was 96c at the pump.

scary 14-06-2010 09:01 AM

Ncce and clean