Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   My little Pig (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/45443-my-little-pig.html)

GTB Liberty 09-07-2012 09:37 PM

Expecting pics around 2014 ...

kid 09-07-2012 09:46 PM

lol haha^^

Nice car mate....

monkeee 10-07-2012 11:26 AM

Lol indeed.

We kid mate. Planned mods are all tasty. Should be plenty fast with all that kit + 6spd. Me rikey!

RUSSGT 10-07-2012 12:51 PM

Just a question about your tuning. What are you using to monitor things with?

Strubaru 10-07-2012 02:05 PM

^^^ WHS, hope you're using some sort of knock detection ;)

TheDoctor 10-07-2012 02:09 PM

[QUOTE=StephenR;692930]But i have purchased a Blouch 2.5 XTR with 3inch cover ported
DeatschWerks 300+Lph fuel pump
Equal length headers and up pipe
ID 1000cc Injectors
Processwest top mount intercooler
COBB Tuning intake box
Silicon intake duct[/QUOTE]

Sounds like serious business.

StephenR 10-07-2012 05:45 PM

When i bought the tactrix i also bought the Innovative motorsports MTX-L wide band setup and use that along with Logging pulls in various temps and loads.
I had researched using the romraider forums and alking to and exerienced tuner on how to go about it.
I have followed to the letter what has been listed as what to log and how to go about making my changes,i am far from being an expert and i would not even rate myself as a novice as i still have much to learn, but one must start somewhere.
Interestingly was how different fuels/brands had substantial knock events whilst one fuel i now will only use has kept the learning tables for knock in the zero`s and minimal knock events on the hardest of pulls.

grumpyrex 10-07-2012 08:49 PM

[QUOTE=StephenR;693244]When i bought the tactrix i also bought the Innovative motorsports MTX-L wide band setup and use that along with Logging pulls in various temps and loads.
I had researched using the romraider forums and alking to and exerienced tuner on how to go about it.
I have followed to the letter what has been listed as what to log and how to go about making my changes,i am far from being an expert and i would not even rate myself as a novice as i still have much to learn, but one must start somewhere.
Interestingly was how different fuels/brands had substantial knock events whilst one fuel i now will only use has kept the learning tables for knock in the zero`s and minimal knock events on the hardest of pulls.[/QUOTE]
Good job with your mods so far. I would be interested to learn more about the knock events you are having with the different fuels. As BP, Shell & Caltex all get their base fuel from the BP refinery, while Peak & Gull source theirs from Singapore, there must something in the individual additives that is affecting the knock properties, possibly affecting the final octane rating. Would you care to name which fuel you're using at the moment? (PM if you want).

Kato 11-07-2012 08:42 AM

[QUOTE=StephenR;693244]Interestingly was how different fuels/brands had substantial knock events whilst one fuel i now will only use has kept the learning tables for knock in the zero`s and minimal knock events on the hardest of pulls.[/QUOTE]

Can you post up the fuels please?

StephenR 11-07-2012 07:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some of my parts.......[ATTACH][ATTACH]8806[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8807[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8808[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
More parts arrived today but i just flew up to site this morning so i ont be able to post more pics until 2 weeeks.

Shell Vpower 98 performed the best

BP 98 Pretty close to shell

Caltex 98 was an ok fuel

Gull and Peak performed poorly with knock constant across the board
Up until then i had always used peak 98 but not anymore.
'I was always aware of BP being the major source of fuel and then the additives are then blended to the fuels for each company.