Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Spektre & KAMImages new toy... (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/48980-spektre-kamimages-new-toy.html)

Kato 07-10-2012 10:35 AM

3rd pic is showing epic amounts of caster. Should be fun.

jEstEr? 08-10-2012 10:52 AM

[QUOTE=Kato;714514]3rd pic is showing epic amounts of caster. Should be fun.[/QUOTE]

thats the rear dude ... :P

Kato 08-10-2012 11:05 AM

Heh.

Whoops. Probably should have looked at the brake too...

Master D 08-10-2012 11:55 AM

*facepalm*

Spektre 07-11-2012 03:48 PM

thread update/revival time;

Since we last tuned in the car has had an alignment, new rims and tyres and its first real hit out at the track since the coilovers were installed.

So new wheels and tyres got bought, went to a 235 on a 17inch rim which fouled the standard spring tops. Talked to amo about getting the STD's for tha car and came through with the goods. Easy install, levelled up niceley with about a 10mm lean to the front for weight transfer under braking.

Got wheels aligned, steering straightened up, 2.5 neg camber on the front but went for 0.75 neg on the rear to start out. Smick

Went out to barbs for no limits night and was a great night. First time out, scraping on the arse around fast corners, so ended up adjusting the rear dampners to +3 from the middle towards hard. Tell you what, seriously easy on those STD's with the adjust on the top...

Ended up with a 71.6 on long circuit and 59.89 on short circuit. All on new federal RSR's

I have a long way to go with my braking and gear changing, Ducky noticed i was changing too quickly compared to my braking and almost compression locking the back end

lots to work on but seriously fun.

Next up:

1. relocate external; fuel pump to underside of car and new lines running to engine bay with new fuel regulator
2. reolcate battery main cable running to kill switch in the centre console which is currently running down the centre of the cabin
3. all this relocation is to enable putting in the plate that divides the boot area with the cabin

After all that would love to throw some more boost into it to get a bit more power as it's running out of puff in some areas, tunin time at racetorque me thinks to see what it is doing...

on a side note, Jarred was having some boost problems at the start of the night with his orange bugeye and was getting pretty frustrated as this was the second month in a row it happened. Told him to get in our car and have a fang just to have some fun. I ended up having a go on the bug after discontecting the boost controller to reset it to normal actuator pressure. Was not even flogging it and did a 70sec long track time... that thing is a weapon!

Thanks again Jarrod

Master D 07-11-2012 04:52 PM

Keen for a steer :-)

BOMB3R 07-11-2012 05:03 PM

[QUOTE=Master D;720763]Keen for a steer :-)[/QUOTE]
Stand in line Woody!

RoughStilin 07-11-2012 06:48 PM

Good stuff guys

Spektre 26-11-2012 09:20 PM

Update time again.

Variety No Limits night was on and really enjoyed the night out!

Raised the ride height about 10mm and increased the camber to pretty much maxed out as I was scrubbing the rears when under load around corners. I hindsight, i should have levelled out the ride height after the camber was done as i will not hit the guards now.

Only got 1 run out as i was selling tickets and guesses until the change over. only ended up with a 71.9, thats fine, change the ride height again and stiffen up the dampners to try and get it less squirmy under brakes.

Short circuit was really the test, went out and did a 59.8 which was good aswell, not pushing that hard but really enjoyed the tutorial from protorob, the lines he generates with his experience in AWD's was great. The best thing was he said that the car was serious fun to drive.

Want to do 1 more with some suspension changes then wind up the boost!

what can a td04 hold Kato?

STI325V6 26-11-2012 09:52 PM

I was speaking to Jim and Jarrod on the weekend, they mentioned the night in question.

The issue is the cheap and nasty silicon intake that is so soft you could suck it in with your breath!!

I'm going to organize a good quality one for the boys and solve their problems.