Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Betty blue (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/55970-betty-blue.html)

Mick 23-09-2014 09:05 PM

[QUOTE=mARC;808571]You're welcome.[/QUOTE]

Never met before, but you come across as a good guy. Well done for advising and giving Nick some advice.

RUSSGT 23-09-2014 10:16 PM

Wow that's a great price!! I can take a look at the exhaust mate!

Spektre 24-09-2014 06:02 AM

Yeah mate, that is a great win for the price. Pretty sure that he realises this is a personal job that isnt covered by insurance. I would suggest if insurance claim it wouldve been +$15k...

Cuddles and top shelf alcohol is advised... Get cracking, if you need a hand or tools etc to do some yourself im in the northern suburbs. Let us know.

baylee 24-09-2014 12:34 PM

Mate I think its the smarter option. Money & sanity wise.. Just devastating $10k on mods would have been fun... :-(

On a side note, I can't tell on the phone, but if you need a new hatch door, I might buy your inner tail lights and possibly rear wing if new 2 comes with it.. ;-)

ALEX. 24-09-2014 01:06 PM

Spewing about the accident Nick but it could've ended up worse so glad you've escaped with just a few sore muscles.

Re: roofliner - how much of a distraction is a beige colour than a charcoal colour? It's mostly above eyeline... You'll get used to it. $700 difference is nothing to sneeze at.

RUSSGT 24-09-2014 01:14 PM

Even dye it or just have it relined by someone. Very easy to do!

nick73 24-09-2014 01:18 PM

[QUOTE=ALEX.;808599]Spewing about the accident Nick but it could've ended up worse so glad you've escaped with just a few sore muscles.

Re: roofliner - how much of a distraction is a beige colour than a charcoal colour? It's mostly above eyeline... You'll get used to it. $700 difference is nothing to sneeze at.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Alex. Barry has said to hold off on the roof trim. He wants to replace the airbag and refit the trim and see how it looks after. You can see from the pics its only torn near the outer edge, cross fingers on that.

There will be no beige, I repeat no beige in my hairdressers car.

Cheers.

Spektre 30-09-2014 10:28 AM

any updates nick?

Ko[R]uPt 30-09-2014 02:57 PM

[QUOTE=nick73;808560]
Parts that could save me coin by going second hand.

Rear bumper - new price $380
Rear bumper beam - new price $162
Rear quarter panel - new price $966
[B]Rear beaver panel[/B] - new price $271
Trim panel roof lining - new price $734
Air bag curtain - new price $534

If anyone has them or can get them cheaper please let me know.

Cheers to everyone so far for advice.[/QUOTE]

Pics of rear beaver panel :p

nick73 30-09-2014 03:03 PM

Car will be towed to Paramount Vehicle Services sometime this week.

Just trying to decide on whether to go for a fixed back seat. If I am only doing 8-10 events per year I am not sure if it's worth it??

Probably will answer my own question here but I guess after what happened I would be mad not to right.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.