Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   RJ's STi (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/56227-rjs-sti.html)

SPOOLED 30-10-2013 07:31 AM

sounds good

RJ999 30-10-2013 10:10 AM

Tony...
only got 1.14 bar of boost...apparently each car is different and mechanical components etc, didn't respond well to higher levels...well the power is there whatever bar level.
Maybe I should have put that intake after all, might have allowed for more boost.

Not sure why but maybe with a different turbo it will make more boost next time.

Feeling a turbo upgrade coming up at some point...Blouch 550hp Polka Pickle I have my eyes on you :-D

RJ999 30-10-2013 10:35 AM

I reckon its the intake for me or that they forgot to mount the heatshield and tuned with a very hot intercooler/engine bay, was sorted after the tune when I saw it.

That would have brought about the bad response with higher boost and also the loss of 10hp/20nm of torque, makes sense!

Anyone has any thoughts on this? would it cause a 10hp difference and affect boost levels due to the higher temps compared to another same STi with same mods?

RJ999 30-10-2013 12:30 PM

Rang RAC and told them I just put on a TBE..they put it on the policy without any issues.
They did ask "Did your engine capacity change?" I said no it's still a 2.5L...

Now do I need to declare the HP?
If I do it's ATW horsepower which is much less that the 205kw that comes as the manufacturer Flywheel rating...
I did ask and she said to declare if it makes more HP than manufacturer rating...so I said no.

What you guys think, I call and declare that it makes less KW LOL or just leave it as is, the TBE item is already on the policy now :-)

Tony 30-10-2013 12:37 PM

I didnt even tell them mine had a differet HP rating. At the end of the day how are they to know unless they send the ECU away. As for power i think you prob wouldnt get much more out of setup even with the heatshield back on. Im Running 20psi your running 16.5psi, thats where your 10hp is. Your exhaust is alot more free flowing than mine aswell. If we had the same boost rating i reckon yours would make abit more power. Also is yours an 06 model or 07 model. The 06 has a VF39 whilst the 07 has a VF43 im fairly certian?

RJ999 30-10-2013 12:41 PM

Awesome...
Then I'll leave it as it, the TBE is on the insurance policy now...

thehowlfactor 30-10-2013 01:35 PM

Have you put the mud flaps on yet?

RJ999 30-10-2013 01:52 PM

Both 06/07 have exact same Turbo... I have VF43 also.

US model 06 had the VF 39, when released in Oz the US model 07 became the AUDM 06 - Subaru releases th 07 model in early 06 over there I think...So 07 AUDM is cosmetic improvement of 07 USDM, USDM 06 never came to Oz, thats the one that had the turbo that was prone to cracking when tuned and also had some driveline issues.

Thats what I've gathered from my research on this as well as contacting Subaru Australia(the company down in canning vale and not dealerships) as I wanted to make sure that the divorced wastegate dump just bought would fit my VF43 turbo.
I also rang subaru dealer parts dept when I was looking at getting Subaru parts from the USA - our Subaru part numbers line up with the 07 part numbers in the USA! I checked for Turbo, actuator, and few bits and bobs around it...so that confirmed it really.

[QUOTE=Tony;776410]Also is yours an 06 model or 07 model. The 06 has a VF39 whilst the 07 has a VF43 im fairly certian?[/QUOTE]

RJ999 30-10-2013 01:57 PM

Only got the flaps yesterday...will go on maybe tonight if I get home early enough or Saturday morning

[QUOTE=thehowlfactor;776414]Have you put the mud flaps on yet?[/QUOTE]

Tony 30-10-2013 03:17 PM

[QUOTE=RJ999;776415]Both 06/07 have exact same Turbo... I have VF43 also.

US model 06 had the VF 39, when released in Oz the US model 07 became the AUDM 06 - Subaru releases th 07 model in early 06 over there I think...So 07 AUDM is cosmetic improvement of 07 USDM, USDM 06 never came to Oz, thats the one that had the turbo that was prone to cracking when tuned and also had some driveline issues.

Thats what I've gathered from my research on this as well as contacting Subaru Australia(the company down in canning vale and not dealerships) as I wanted to make sure that the divorced wastegate dump just bought would fit my VF43 turbo.
I also rang subaru dealer parts dept when I was looking at getting Subaru parts from the USA - our Subaru part numbers line up with the 07 part numbers in the USA! I checked for Turbo, actuator, and few bits and bobs around it...so that confirmed it really.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense as im fairly certain I read that on NASIOC.