Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   RJ's STi (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/56227-rjs-sti.html)

RJ999 13-10-2013 02:10 AM

RJ's STi

Ok it's about time I start my own driveway thread.

Here's how it all started:
Was talking to a mate at work about cars, and the conversation went to cars we would like to have...we then started browsing carsales looking at the car specs...came across this mint low kms unmodified 06/07 STI and immediately fell in love...next thing I know I left work early that day, was at the car yard that afternoon fighting off other offers they received, and 24hrs later car was sold! happy me!
Always wanted an STI, bucket list got a tick!

Now the mods:
At first I was bragging that I wasn't going to modify anything, and that I wouldn't let the mod bug get me, that all I was going to do was to get it handling a little better...a week later I got 22mm sways installed front and rear, car felt better...next came the Eibach Pro-Kit and the Cusco strut tower brace...
OMG this combo handles well...felt like a completely new car and sticks to the road and really responsive....this sway bar/springs/tower brace combo works a charm.

Current mods:
22mm Sway bars front and rear
Whiteline KLC 139 front endlinks - only fronts as OEM rears are steel ball joints already.
Cusco strut tower brace
P-Mu type HC+ brake pads --- Puts your face to the windscreen every time, really awesome brakes.

Next up is:
- Invidia N1 'Racing' Titanium Turbo Back System, yes its the complete racing version the one that is exceptionally loud :p
- GrimmSpeed EBCS 3 port
- DeatchWerks DW300+ fuel pump
- Tune with launch control hehe
This all goes in this week, will post the power reading once its all done.

No more mods planned in the near future... but next up will most likely be coilovers...or maybe convert to Ethanol compatible injectors once its more widely available, the fuel pump already is :-)

Will post some pictures up soon....needs a wash/polish/wax, waiting for better weather.

Have some older pictures in the intro thread but wasn't lowered yet.

Happy :D

munya 13-10-2013 08:58 AM

That's how it starts you say you will mod abit and before you know it's a whole lot. Having run the HC+ pads for years now finally due for new set and rotors (FIFO so car sits a lot not driven) have no complaints car stops hard and no fade when I am out enjoying Motorsport.

RJ999 13-10-2013 11:26 AM

Yeah mod bug bit real hard :-)

I was foolish to believe I would not mod lol

Tony 13-10-2013 12:38 PM

Yeh man, look forward to seeing this go after the tune.

RJ999 13-10-2013 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=Tony;774610]Yeh man, look forward to seeing this go after the tune.[/QUOTE]

Should be ready for a good drive next weekend...might hit you up and take the subies for a lap around the hills :)

Tony 13-10-2013 02:19 PM

Yeh man, sounds good.

RJ999 14-10-2013 10:40 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Pics as promised...

Washed, polished, and waxed :D

so shiny :D

kid 14-10-2013 11:47 PM

Maybe i'm just an old man but nothing beats a clean stock car haha

Sammy82 14-10-2013 11:50 PM

Similar scenario to me, I was thinking about cars I would have liked to own, then bought a mint '99 STI after looking at carsales. I'm in Scarborough (near by) if u ever want to have a night drive etc lol

RJ999 14-10-2013 11:59 PM

[QUOTE=kid;774743]Maybe i'm just an old man but nothing beats a clean stock car haha[/QUOTE]

I guess that's why I bought an unmodified one.

But honestly, you have to give it a good exhaust....at a minimum a cat back if you don't want to tune with downpipe....its a Subaru and needs the loud rumble...people need to hear you coming so they can make way :p

you surely didn't keep that STI in your avatar completely stock?

Clean car on stock rims definitely looks good :-)