Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Straner MY11 Premium WRX (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/58351-straner-my11-premium-wrx.html)

mitchwnz 25-06-2014 05:58 PM

Nice driving dude.

Straner 25-06-2014 06:36 PM

[QUOTE=mitchwnz;802827]Nice driving dude.[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate. Was good fun for a first timer, definitely started getting the hang of it a bit more after each run. Very keen to head down again one day, perhaps after a few more engine/suspension/brake mods.

Goosey 26-06-2014 11:12 AM

Glad your video footage turned out alright. Mine didn't work too well. At least I know where to mount the gopro on my helmet now.

I'm pretty keen to go again too, but not before some changes to my brake pads. May be able to go longer than 2 laps after that!

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Zombee 26-06-2014 12:30 PM

[QUOTE=Goosey;802859]I'm pretty keen to go again too, but not before some changes to my brake pads. May be able to go longer than 2 laps after that!
[/QUOTE]

A great day out! Good to meet you guys Goosey and Straner. I may also need to look into new pads/rotors. Had smoke coming off mine after a few hard laps :D

nauli 26-06-2014 02:00 PM

[QUOTE=Straner;802759]First time on the track last Sunday. Put this video together with abit of the gopro footage (i have no experience with video editing). Excuse the noobey driving, not trying to showcase that, more wanting to see how the Gopro's went. :)

[YT]ujJ9BPp7MG0[/YT][/QUOTE]

Try not to shuffle the hands too much on the wheel...pretend they're glued at 9 and 3...and really nail the apexes..

Straner 26-06-2014 02:45 PM

[QUOTE=nauli;802870]Try not to shuffle the hands too much on the wheel...pretend they're glued at 9 and 3...and really nail the apexes..[/QUOTE]

Yeah i did notice that when watching the video, i felt like i was in the run but aparently not. I should put up the video of my very first run of the day, there was definitely alot of change from that run to this one. But still [B]alot[/B] of room for improvement. Look forward to going again with abit more confidence and more knowledge.

Master D 26-06-2014 03:32 PM

Practice makes perfect. At least you gave it a red hot go!

ALEX. 26-06-2014 09:43 PM

Remember to get instructors in with you if they are available. You'll pick up good habits/technique from the start :)

Sik em evo4 27-06-2014 05:40 PM

^^^^^^^^^
What Alex said.
Only perfect practice makes perfect. Ultimate SPEED SECRETS, By Ross Bentley, may also help out.

joshrx 27-06-2014 05:48 PM

[QUOTE=Sik em evo4;802952]^^^^^^^^^
What Alex said.
Only perfect practice makes perfect. Ultimate SPEED SECRETS, By Ross Bentley, may also help out.[/QUOTE]

I remember that quote, I've got that book, just gotta finish reading it.

Definitely recommend it for track day participants.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app