Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Your Driveway (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/)
-   -   Yeti sled (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-driveway/61797-yeti-sled.html)

Bram 17-09-2015 01:46 PM

yeah. well its not.

RUSSGT 17-09-2015 02:12 PM

Hope the news ones come!

Bram 17-09-2015 02:14 PM

same.

I bought from US seller on ebay. Got a confirmed postage message the next day. But it was some weird postage thing id never heard of. so i really am hoping it gets here soon.

joshrx 17-09-2015 03:26 PM

Very keen to see how you set up the wheel alignment features at home, looks like a lot of fun and investment for the future.

add corner scales to the next purchase to set weight distribution ;)

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Bram 17-09-2015 04:50 PM

Didnt see any cheap corner scales. The Trackace and Interconp angle finder where both pretty reasonably priced. So thats why i went with them.

What i wouldnt mind having. (And is something i will probably build myself oneday.) Is a jig that allows you to do work and adjustmemts on the suspension while the vehicles weight is sitting on it, but without wheels in the way.

Ive seen these kits that are basically metal plates that you bolt to the hubs. You then set vehicle down on them so the suspension is at its normal loaded positition. But you still have ample access to adjust the struts, camber bolts, etc, because there is no wheel in the way. (Its a bit more complex than just bolt on plates, because you need slide plates on the bottom etc so you can turn and adjust things without it binding up.)

Kremer930 18-09-2015 05:33 PM

Do you need some mates, or total strangers, to provide some learning opportunities? ;-)

Bram 18-09-2015 05:53 PM

[QUOTE=Kremer930;830121]Do you need some mates, or total strangers, to provide some learning opportunities? ;-)[/QUOTE]

i dont get it?

Bram 18-09-2015 06:02 PM

so it looks like im not racing sunday. farking brake pads didnt show up. fark you ebay "global shipping program". you can go eat a dick. Id rather pay the exorbitantly over priced usps/fedex/ups/dhl shipping rates. atleast that way my parts would arrive on time.

US domestic tracking shows that the seller sent them almost instantly. they arrived at the global shipping program depot the day after i ordered them. and they havent moved from there in over 2 weeks. international tracking hasnt even become valid yet. and i cant even contact egay because the package is "still coming" and hasnt been missing long enough.

does anyone have a complete front brake kit to suit 5x114 hubs laying about, that they want to lend me for the weekend? Ill give you a wristie you wont ever forget.

Kremer930 18-09-2015 06:20 PM

Bummer about the brakes. My joke was about mates getting a free wheel alignment so that you can practice using your new toys.

Bram 18-09-2015 06:47 PM

haha. i dont even have time to do my own car work because im always doing other peoples. but ill give it a go if you want. wont be a freebie though.