View Single Post
Old 21-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff
Default ECU re-flash and workshops

I have noted with a degree of amusement comments about ECU re-flashes on this forum...particularly with respect to Verso and the observation by some how this site is becoming Verso-centric.

I remember some years ago when ECUTek was released, every time it was mentioned on this forum it was bagged by a majority of people, including some who now talk up Verso....interesting. What does it all mean...vested interests?...fashion?...mates club? Whilst there is no question that Verso is cheaper than ECUTek, most previous criticism of re-flashes was that they didn't offer the tuning ability of some replacement ECU's and that you are only paying for software not something physical. I think that history has now shown that re-flashed cars (and I'm talking ECUTek since it is the one with history) have been reliable and have performed well in motorsport (Jamie Lister, Danny Cerro).

It also amuses me that (particularly in the past) whenever I dared mention Maximum Motorsport, certain people on this forum were very quick to accuse me on unashamed marketing...funny how nobody does the same with people mentioning All Star Garage over and over again....vested interests?...fashion?...mates club?

It is important in a forum like this that sensible advice can be given, free speech not be gagged and that vested interests are carefully monitored by moderators.

Just food for thought...