View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:42 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

V5 STi R at standard level
Default knock knocking on heaven's door-woah!

Hi All,

Long time no post!

I have a question and it seems to point to the worst credile outcome - big end bearing failure.

While my car was idling, I heard this faint metallic, it sounded like my TBE exhaust or there abouts was squeaking (it was loose tho) so I thought nothing of it, so I drove off.

I know it hurts to say, but as I was cruising I can hear the squeaky noise getting louder... and then bang(!) I lost power and this horrible knocking noise became really audiable! Lucky for me I wasnt far from home and it was downhill so I let my car do the rolling - I didn't accelerate (I kept my foot on the clutch) I did not see any smoke from the rear (maybe cos I didnt accerlerate?).

As I pulled up into drive way I turned the engine off. I started her up again and the horrible knocking noise was still there. Popped the bonnet and it sounded like it was coming from around cylinder #2. Looked at my boost gauge and it was erratic as.

Ok, as time goes by I would more than likely rememeber little things that may contribute to this, but right now (as would most ppl who are faced in this situation are) I am stunned and hurt maybe traumatised.

Any sound (pardon the pun) advice out there?