Thread: Pls help
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2007, 12:04 AM
STI Master

ninjawrx at standard level
Default Pls help

Just wondering if anyone here on Perth-wrx has a person who would be helpful that i can contact at a subaru dealership in regards to waranty on a brand new part.

Story goes.....

Iv been saving up $$$ to buy the parts to finally fix my 98 wrx gearbox.
All parts came to a grand total of $1200.

Parts included :
* Mainshaft
*2nd gear
*2nd gear syncro cluster
*3rd gear syncro cluster
various seals and locknuts

I got a very good and well known subaru mechanic to put box together while i was on holidays in Kalbarri.

Cut a long story shot, i recieved a phone call from my mechanic asking if the packet/box for the mainshaft had been tamperd with or opened. I told him that it was new as and sealed shut.

Problem he tells me is that the main shaft is bent or machined from factory wrong!!!! This is after all the new gear has been pressed on!

This bloke doing my box has built hundreds of boxes and has never seen a bent main shaft from new and the shaft wasnt bent due to him pressing the gears on because the bend or machining drama isnt near to the side with the bend.

Gear box hasnt been put in the car or had oil put in it yet so im hoping subaru can tell that it hasnt been used .

I rang Amcap (distributor for subaru parts) where i bought part from and they have told me to take the shaft to subaru dealer due to the fact that amcap doesnt have technitians who can check the shaft which is fair enough.

The gears are bieng pressed off the shaft monday so i cant take the shaft to a subaru dealership.

Im guessing they will say "Buy another shaft and they will send the original shaft off to be checked" 6month later i might get a credit (if im lucky)

I didnt need this bloody drama and im sure my mechanic didnt need it as he is helping me out! !
Hope they just swap it over
Anyone got any idea's?

Last edited by ninjawrx; 26-08-2007 at 07:51 AM.