Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-08-2007, 12:04 AM
STI Master

ninjawrx at standard level
Default Pls help

Just wondering if anyone here on Perth-wrx has a person who would be helpful that i can contact at a subaru dealership in regards to waranty on a brand new part.

Story goes.....

Iv been saving up $$$ to buy the parts to finally fix my 98 wrx gearbox.
All parts came to a grand total of $1200.

Parts included :
* Mainshaft
*2nd gear
*2nd gear syncro cluster
*3rd gear syncro cluster
various seals and locknuts

I got a very good and well known subaru mechanic to put box together while i was on holidays in Kalbarri.

Cut a long story shot, i recieved a phone call from my mechanic asking if the packet/box for the mainshaft had been tamperd with or opened. I told him that it was new as and sealed shut.

Problem he tells me is that the main shaft is bent or machined from factory wrong!!!! This is after all the new gear has been pressed on!

This bloke doing my box has built hundreds of boxes and has never seen a bent main shaft from new and the shaft wasnt bent due to him pressing the gears on because the bend or machining drama isnt near to the side with the bend.

Gear box hasnt been put in the car or had oil put in it yet so im hoping subaru can tell that it hasnt been used .

I rang Amcap (distributor for subaru parts) where i bought part from and they have told me to take the shaft to subaru dealer due to the fact that amcap doesnt have technitians who can check the shaft which is fair enough.

The gears are bieng pressed off the shaft monday so i cant take the shaft to a subaru dealership.

Im guessing they will say "Buy another shaft and they will send the original shaft off to be checked" 6month later i might get a credit (if im lucky)

I didnt need this bloody drama and im sure my mechanic didnt need it as he is helping me out! !
Hope they just swap it over
Anyone got any idea's?

Last edited by ninjawrx; 26-08-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 26-08-2007, 12:15 AM
STI Master

LTDGC8 at standard level

that absolutely sux!!!

its not ONLY boyz who drive nice cars!!!!
Old 26-08-2007, 12:19 AM
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY BBY
that absolutely sux!!!
Hell yeah, just got licence back aswell.
Was right over catchin busses every day to work.

Looks like me and the bus will be good friends for a while longer

Last edited by ninjawrx; 26-08-2007 at 12:28 AM.
Old 26-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Subaru Tech Division

wild_rx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to wild_rx

that sux mate, only problem i see is that if they can tell that the gears have been onto the shaft they will say the you bent it and tell you to get stuffed!!! that is worst case scenario though!!

hope it all turns out ok
Old 26-08-2007, 12:22 AM
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild_rx
that sux mate, only problem i see is that if they can tell that the gears have been onto the shaft they will say the you bent it and tell you to get stuffed!!! that is worst case scenario though!!

hope it all turns out ok
Thats what im thinking aswell but hopefully the mecanic at the dealership will know that theres know way of telling its bent until the gears are on and its sitting in the box then you turn the gears and then see it.

Looks like i will be bashing someone at dealership with a 98 wrx mainshaft if it gets rejected for warrenty
Old 26-08-2007, 12:24 AM
STI Master

LTDGC8 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjawrx
Hell yeah, just got licence back aswell.
Was right over catchin busses with the fellow abo's in my suburb every day to work.

Looks like me the bus and non reflective mates will be good friends for a while longer
hahahahaa..... i had same problem before..... i live near that area too...LOL

its not ONLY boyz who drive nice cars!!!!
Old 26-08-2007, 06:37 AM
Subaru Tech Division

lebrunt at standard level

hey good luck with this! i had a rear diff that was replaced under waranty through subaru within 20,000km it was worn out. SO.... when we ripped the diff out we found out that there was no "free play"(similar to what a cluch should have correct me if im wrong) and buy his time the new part was no longer replaceable under the new waranty and even though it was because there was a fault in the instalation subaru would not replace it because they said "must be the way you drive the car" ??? Basically subaru are very reluctant to replace items that they can say is the drivers fault, good luck and let me know how u go
Old 26-08-2007, 07:49 AM
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebrunt
hey good luck with this! i had a rear diff that was replaced under waranty through subaru within 20,000km it was worn out. SO.... when we ripped the diff out we found out that there was no "free play"(similar to what a cluch should have correct me if im wrong) and buy his time the new part was no longer replaceable under the new waranty and even though it was because there was a fault in the instalation subaru would not replace it because they said "must be the way you drive the car" ??? Basically subaru are very reluctant to replace items that they can say is the drivers fault, good luck and let me know how u go
Iv been hearing that subau are pretty tough on waranty.

Sorry i didnt say in the original post that the gearbox hasnt been put back in my car yet or even been sealed up .
It hasnt even had a drop of oil put in yet either. so hopefully subaru will be able to tell that it hasnt been used yet

Original post now edited
Old 26-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

do they do refunds? Maybe you shouldnt even tell them its bent and just asked for refund? then go back and buy another one lol
Old 26-08-2007, 06:05 PM
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGear
do they do refunds? Maybe you shouldnt even tell them its bent and just asked for refund? then go back and buy another one lol
Haha yeah i could do that but it would just get put back into stock and someone else would have to go through the same thing when they buy it next. I wouldnt wish this drama onto my enemy.

Tags
pls