View Single Post
Old 17-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Sir AntiLag

BXT at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by niak75
ive decided to shop around to see if i can get an aftermarket or second hand STI brake kit (if they fit behind standard rims) for a decent price. if i cant find anything within my budget ill pick up some OEM 4 pots second hand from pmh if he still has them.

i dont really have a budget its whatever is left after i pay the bills :P

the stock brakes are pretty spongy, i like a harder pedal feel. i cant remember what the 4 pots felt like on the MY00. better brake lines may fix that problem.
As PMH said, a Brake Master Cylinder Stopper (BMCS) will help kill most of the spongyness and give a much better pedal feel (ie. harder, more responsive). This however really only masks the problem but is a nice improvement for day to day driving......more spirited stuff will require slotted rotors and better pads....want more....upgraded brake fluid (higher boiling point) and have a think about braided lines.....Choose your brake pads wisely as this can make all the difference!!! Check out what Endless have on offer particularly these:

http://www.endless-sport.com.au/eRace_typer.htm

Although my old MY99 had the 4 pots, I only upgraded the rotors and pads (Endless) and fresh dot 4 fluid and the braking was simply awesome which never faded no matter how hard I pushed them....however pads & rotors wore at the same rate and were basically both good for the bin when the pads had worn out.

Soooo.....with the complete combo of BMCS, slotted rotors, quality pads, Dot 5 fluid and braided lines in your 08...i'm sure you will be well pleased.....

If the visual look of the 4 pots is what your after then check these out:
https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/p...roducts_id=914

Bargain!!!!! Works out to roughly $570 + freight and the best thing is there's not duty as they're under $1k.

Last edited by BXT; 17-02-2008 at 10:07 PM.