View Single Post
Old 13-03-2008, 07:47 PM
STI Master

STi Tuned at standard level
Default Dude where's my scooter

Hey Pwrx's,

I haven't been on here in yonks.. so it's a shame I'm on here talking about scooters. But I'm thinking about importing one and I wouldn't mind some advice.

I picked up a Milan a year back for a 1k which has been a great buy. Been very handy for getting to work and the quarterly yellow sticker I seem to get. Over Christmas I copped a 1k fine for driving with an expired yellow so I need a reliable second mode of transport.

But the milan's a little too quire even for a metro type like myself. So I'm looking to get an Aprilla Mojito.. yeah pretty masculine name right.. if it were a drink I'd expect it to arrive with an umbrella sticking out of it.

Anyway they don't look too bad and a definite trade up on my current pile of shit.

So now I've spent half a page justifying myself I'll get to the question.

In Oz we only get the 50 and 100, the 100cc costs 6k. In the US they have a 150 and that has a tag price of $3200US (3500AUS) so you don't need to have studied calculus to realise importing might have it's merits.

So what factors should I consider with importing?.. I'm assuming the biggest drama will be registering it. Has anyone imported a bike before?

Another thought I had was to try and find a company that imports American cars to Aus and see if they could ship and comply it?

Any advice appreciated.

Then once I get it in I can start pimping it and grow a handlebar mustache. Not gay at all right?

Last edited by STi Tuned; 14-03-2008 at 06:47 PM.