View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682
Default Mac Warranty FTW

I guess this is a good place for it?

Just a quick little Pro Mac spill here.

I have had a MacBook Pro for a number of years now, I actually purchased it from a fellow PWRX member. I don't believe he had it too long when I got it.

Anyway in the first couple of months of owning it, the screen started buzzing so I took it to Digilife and it was diagnosed as an inverter problem (very common in the MBP). They fixed it on the spot.

A number of months go by and the computer was now out of warranty. Apple call me one day and offer me their protection plan for $500+ I considered it and finally bought it. 1 week after buying it my battery wouldn't hold charge. I call apple, they run a series of tests and presto, I get sent to Digilife and bang I get a new battery at no cost.

A few months pass once again and bang my wireless mouse dies. No problem says apple here is another.

By this time I am thinking their service is the best I have ever seen.

I was traveling to the U.S a couple of weeks later so I buy another battery ($300) for the plane ride (cheaper than upgrading with Qantas to First class to use their "in flight power" by a few thousand $$$'s

I get to the states and the original battery dies. No problem, I take it to an apple store and it is replaced.

For 12 months nothing has been wrong with it and it has been a great computer. Then 2 weeks ago the inverter played up again. So I call Nextbyte in Nedlands and they can fix it within a week (digilife 4 weeks) so it has been there for 3 days now. The guy calls and says oops I ordered the wrong part but nevermind the proper part will be here first thing tomorrow plus I have ordered you a new screen and bezel as it looked a little "old", not broken, not faulty but old.

I can't believe that I am pretty much getting 50% of the computer replaced because of it and all for the $500 for apple care!

Also he says to me the HDD is a bit small (100gb) how about I give you a genuine Apple drive at 250gb for $240 fitted with data transfer included? I was like HELL YEAH! (Yes i Know nerds, I could have shopped at PLE and Austin and got one for $XX off but I CBF)

So all in all, I am as happy as a pig in shit!
Also I am a nowhere single user of a Mac! I could not even imagine how well companies get treated that own multiple Mac's! If you want a brilliant product with the best warranty known to man buy a Mac!

Car Manufacturers need to learn from Apple when it comes to warranties*

*ok only Ford