Thread: Tools
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2008, 05:47 PM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level
Default Tools

I am feeling a bit like a girl right now. went to use a screwdriver, and I dont have one. Had a look around, and sure enough, there is only one tool in my house.. Guesses

So, its time to become a real man, and get some tools. What is a man without a tool box... Had a look around, seems to be a fair bit of difference in prices.

Had a look at a 180 piece Sidchrome kit for ~ $1200
A no name 180 piece kit in Kmart for $50!

Obviously you get what you pay for, and there is a lot of differences in the actual pieces you get. But for someone that uses a spanner once every couple of months, is it really necesarry to have a top of the range tool??

Will a 50c spanner actually break? Is there such bad designs that are just a pain in the arse to use? Also, in a lot of kits, they come with a spanner, socket and adjustable wrench. Is there often cases where only a socket can be used and not a spanner or vice versa? and if you have all sizes of sockets, do you really need an adjustable wrench?

Im basically trying to start a collecting mainly for working on the car, (hopefully getting a project car soon) and a bit of handyman and woodwork.