View Single Post
Old 17-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Scoobie Noobie

kyle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabox
Ahh ok sounds good, at least you finished :P I did half and started working.
I was close to doing this, however, I was able to hold out but thank god its nearly over!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitagen
hey i just got my lib gt about 3 wks ago and I LOVE IT, you have made a good choice, if you arent going to travel many KM don't get it leased, instead get a HP agreement with stratton finance.

i worked it out and mcmillan shakespere wanted to take out ~$1700 out of my pay cheque every month for the lease agreement based on a 2007 GTB for $40,000, and that would be probably 1/2 - > 2/3 of your graduate income.... take some time and do some sums first before you commit to the lease agreement.

but its worth every dollar ive spent, but dear god it drinks a shitload of petrol!
I rekon I will do between 10-15000kms per year. Rough estimates suggest with Autopia this will be $1000 per month. This is based on what someone else is getting, however, I will get exact figure on Thursday.

$1700 is really steep! I worked out I could finance it and pay for all car costs for about $1500-$1600 a month. I will make sure that I budget a lot for 98RON

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift
Nice work with the graduate position and certainly a great choice in car if you follow through. Be careful with finance companies!
Thanks! Yeah i know what to look out for, been doing a lot of homework. I have a spreadsheet with many options including keeping current car, taking loan with different places and also leasing.

So far it looks like in three years time, I would have spent $5000-$10000 more if I get a liberty compared to keeping the Ford... excluding mods . However, I get a much nicer car which I will enjoy to drive